PDA

View Full Version : DCT4 & Logomanager :) Look in

phantom2002
08-07-2002, 01:06 AM
My mad thought for the day :

If logomanager can change the logo and certain other personal things on your dct4 nokia...then where does this info get stored ???

If its in the eeprom area, then why doesn't it need to be encrypted ???

What does logomanager allow you to alter in the phones software ? can any of the commands that logomanager uses be used in dct4 unlocking or just eeprom repair ???

Thanks

p.s just worth noting that i ain't asking about what logomanager does, just what kind of stuff can it do with nokia dct4

;) we must be close to a unlock solution for free by now :) com3 on dejan make us happy again and at least give us a flasher for free if not unlocking and imei change !!!

DavieB
08-07-2002, 01:53 AM
Well, NONE of these programs write directly to flash, eeprom, or e3prom (Emulatied EEPROM)!
Nice idea but these types of programs (logomanager, stuff like that...) issue mbus or fbus commands to the phone - its the phone that decides what to do..

The commands are as simple as "OpLogoWrite" - the phone decides if it should store this in EEPROM.
Not all data is encrypted..

Now I know you'll be thinking "OMG, so wrong.. why does NokiaTool issue mbus commands and alter eeprom?"
Well, these types of programs issue similar commands, and the phone (again) decides which action to take..
Before these commands can be issued (special commands that is, netmonitor, sec code, splock) a security init command must be send..
Sadly, although this is static on DCT3, it isn't on DCT4

Also, security/special commands are different in DCT4 - we dont know what they are...

I could speculate as to the precise nature of DCT4 security but it would cause quite some confusion and could be mistaken as fact - for that reason i've stated only what I know..

I hope that made sense, I'm quite tired - lol!

Best Regards,
David C. B.

sonicdeejay
08-07-2002, 05:18 PM
well sia dudes,,,:)