PDA

View Full Version : Help on cable.

Taf
08-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Help i got a nokia 3510i and bought a cable today but i cannot get any progs to work with it.

now i got a prog to test the connection between the cable on phone.
LMLinkTest.
now when i test it mbus cable is all 100%
but the fbus cable is 0%

so i know i need fbus cable to do the stuff i need.

does these cables come with mbus/fbus or is this cable just mbus.

if`s it`s just mbus what prog do i upload games/pics/and ring tones to my phone with it.

software i`v tryed is MobiMb1.2.5/logo manger/and Oxygen Phone Manager II for Nokia phones v2.1.6 with no suckscess:-(

plz can you put me on the right path.
thanks

bobl
08-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Generally for uploading, you need a F/Mbus cable, either autoswitching or manual switching.

If you have a switch on the connector, flick it to Fbus :), but if not it's a pure Mbus...

I believe there was a recent thread about this, which basically narrowed down to about one program using a pure Mbus cable on the 3510i phones (and from what I read it wasn't particularly useful).

I think it'd be better to invest in a F/Mbus cable :)

Good luck

Bob

Taf
08-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the reply bobl:-)

arh well at least i can take it back and get me money back,i hope,as he sold me the wrong goods,cause i did tell him what i wanted it for.
thanks anyway:-)

deer
09-08-2003, 04:21 PM
If you got a mbus cable you can use Logomanager to download/upload logos and edit your phone book. You just have to set Logomagager program to work with mbus (it can be set to fbus or mbus).
I'm posting the Logomanager program

<<Attachment Removed>>

Taf
09-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks deer but i`v allready got that.
Thanks anyway:-)
Took the cable back waiting on a mbus/fbus one:-)