PDA

View Full Version : SMS MBus packet format

skydemon
10-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Hey all, Im trying to write a program to send SMS using a micro via MBUS. Ive got all the low level comms working (sync etc) and can perform basic functions but im not sure how to send a SMS. Ive captured some data between logo manager and the phone while sending a SMS and I can work out the commands etc but Im trying to work out what the format of the packet is (eg I cant work out where the SMS text is located)

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Attached is data captured from the mobile-computer while sending a SMS.

pico
10-08-2003, 01:50 PM
here is some good info on sms handling, using Fbus.. http://users.senet.com.au/~wpeacock/nokia/fbus.html
you can apply that to m bus structure :)
if you need the actual commands, find them here (http://www.nokia-unlocking.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/resource) (also look in "reference" for gnokii docs ;)

Swifty
11-08-2003, 09:17 AM
Have a look at these text files it give you the commands for everything you'll need to know.

Swifty
11-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Sorry, forgot to attatch the file, here it is.

skydemon
11-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Great that helps a lot thanx fellas

fiddler_808
17-08-2003, 03:26 AM
Hi im a college student currently working on a thesis: sms-based appliance control..im planning to interface a 3310 or 6110 to a z86 microprocessor..the available microp i have can only run on 9600 baud rate so i need to use an m-bus connection..plus a UART since the chip doesnt have a serial interface. But firstly, i plan on controlling the appliance using my PC's serial port and the m-bus protocol. I've downloaded previous attachments posted here and they have seem to be potentially helpfull resources. However, since my programming skills are very amateur i would like to ask help for a basic rundown of how i should start this endeavor. All I have so far is a choice of phone 3310/6610, m-bus protocol as indicated in various sources, and a choice of visual basic or c++. How do i start programming? I will greatly owe whoever can lend me a hand. Thnx :)