PDA

View Full Version : ma-620 infrared problems

davejwilly
11-08-2003, 11:37 PM
i dont know if anybody else has had a problem with this mobile action i/r device. my problem is i have several operating systems booted on my pc, winme/win2k/winxp. i have installed this device on winme and win2k with no problems but when i try to install on winxp it will not have it.i have tried to auto install ,manually install and i cannot get it to work.win2k is the same type of file system as xp and as far as mobile action are concerned they advertise it as compatable with xp. i have checked their web site for the latest drivers i have e-mailed them and they give me stock replies saying check the obvious things. so is it just me or has anybody else had this problem.am i being stupid and is there an easy solution? replys appreciated.:confused:

ALMOGAVER
12-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Have you checked that you have the mRouter from NOKIA SUITE activated on the infrared dept. on XP OS (since is the one giving you the problem)? ...or do you mean that you can not even get to isntall the IR hardware on it...?

...and by the way, I don't know if you realized, but you repeated this post various times so, if I were you, I would deleted them all but one, before a MOD realizes and "tells you off for it..." It is a rule around here, you know? ;)

protego
12-08-2003, 07:20 PM
I'm currently using the same hardware and the software it came with stinks! I clicked on the software icon and suddenly the words turned into blanks. Better use it with the nokia software co'z it uses the mrouter to actually communicate with the phone. Then you can right click on your mouse and easily send apps directly to your phone without actually using the nokia software.

davejwilly
12-08-2003, 08:03 PM
@ALMOGAVER

thanks for pointing out post error i dont know how that happened but they are all deleted now. the problem i am having is the device driver cannot be installed on xp. i have run their software and it will not load the driver. when trying to do this manually by using add new hardware wizard this device is listed in xp's i/r devices under mobile action group. if you try to do it by adding new hardware and clicking that i have disc it points to the cd in the cd drive and when i point it at the driver it says that it is not there. now i guess this is something to do with the way ma-620 installs its driver cos the software normally says install driver and then it re-boots your computer and then you have to install the usb connection. but it does not work for me on xp. i have installed it on win2k and winme. it has lost me:confused:

ALMOGAVER
16-08-2003, 11:36 PM
I SEE...!
I have WIN2000PRO in the office.... BUT, WIN XP at home, so, I know what the problem is BECASUE, I also "experienced it", so (since I'm on holidays in Greece right now), and if you son't mind, send me a PM form the 3rd of September (with your Email), and, if you don't have a solution by then, I will send you "IT", OK?... ;)

davejwilly
17-08-2003, 10:36 AM
@ALMOGAVER

oh very interesting that somebody else has come across this problem. i will look forward to your comments. have a good holiday and i will catch up with you when you get back.