PDA

View Full Version : Flashing or blingking sms on 8250?

victor
13-07-2002, 03:34 AM
Anyone here can juz help me out to put a flashing/blinking sms function to my 8250?

NokDoc
13-07-2002, 08:12 AM
Hi,

How to Add Blinking and LineFeed Character to Nokia SMS editor.

Here's the ppm manager method:

1. Get full flash from working phone. (mcu+ppm, NO eeprom)
2. Open PPM Manager, open the Flash U just made.
3. Click Tools, TEXT Chuck, Export as two text files...
4. Enter Filename and click Save
5. Open this text file with notepad or word.

Somewhere around line 29 from COMM U see like: (maybe some values are bit different in other versions):

COMM .,?!:;-+#*()'"_@&$\xA3%/<>\xBF\xA1\xA7=\xA4\xB0\xA5

- delete \xB0\xA5 (*In 3310 U don't have to, there is room for 2 extra)

- add \x01 for BLINKING Character

- add \x0A for LineFeed Character

So now it look like:

COMM .,?!:;-+#*()'"_@&$\xA3%/<>\xBF\xA1\xA7=\xA4\x01\x0A

6. Save and Exit notepad.
7. Get back to PPM Manager and Open the original flash file again.
8. Click Tools, TEXT Chunk, Import from text files
9. Browse to the modified TEXT file and click Open.
10. Recalc all checksums, Save and Exit...
11. Flash the new modified flash file.
12. Set Faid.
13. Restart the phone.

Since they are handled as 16 bit chars and the cursor counts in 8 bytes it may give characters popup at other place as expected.
This blinking sms's only shows blinking on most Nokia's.
Maybe 5110 can't show them, but can built them to send to anyone.

NokDoc

victor
13-07-2002, 03:07 PM
After doing all those steps, how do i send a blinking sms?

Do i need to a \f infront and inback of the words that i wanted it to blink? Juz like Logomanager?

Or it will juz automatically blinks?

NokDoc
13-07-2002, 04:37 PM
U don't have to do \f things...

U can pick the char from the special character table.

Just as U are used to for inserting a ':' or '>' character.

The text will start blink immediately while typing the sms.

After editing U can save the sms, send it or throw away again.

NokDoc

victor
13-07-2002, 04:47 PM
thanks NokDoc....... your are my favorite men!

If u did or does write any software of nokia and would like to sell it, please contact me.

fbs_colters
14-07-2002, 09:19 AM
Greetings NokDoc,

just wondering what phone versions does ppmmanager accepts? becoz i tried using ppmmanager on my 3330 and 6210, I get no network or sometimes contact service.

:confused:

NokDoc
14-07-2002, 12:55 PM
Hi,

U better thank Mr. Dytln.
He did the biggest job for U explaining ppm manager.

About the versions, almost all can be calced correct.

I know only of 4 that doesn't, 3310-503/513 and 3330-430/450.

If U have contact service U almost certain have bad data in flash or bad checksums.

If U have no net but rest seems to be functioning good, the problem is due to bad Flash checksum, which lead to bad Faid.

http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3558

NokDoc

NokDoc
14-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Mr. Victor,

>> If u did or does write any software of nokia and would like to sell it, please contact me.

Wow, I wish I was programmer.

Then I could go make my own FreeWare. :)

NokDoc

fbs_colters
14-07-2002, 10:40 PM
Nokdoc,

ehehe sorry to boder u again....

I would lyk to know the nokia mobile type and versions that ppmmanager accepts with no problems.

I've been trying it with my 62, 3330 and 3310, no success whatsoever.

tnx...

ccwong
16-07-2002, 06:22 AM
I have tried to write
"29 COMM .,?!:;-+#*()'"_@&$\xA3%/<>\xBF\xA1\xA7=\xA4\x01\x0A "
in my 3310 flash (MCU+PPM), and flashed back to my phone, the phone works OK in English Language, but when I switched to Chinese Traditional Language, all the chinese words run-off !!!

Please tell me why, and how to solve this problem ???

Thanks.

C.C.Wong

victor
16-07-2002, 09:05 AM
Try to use simplified chinese, my 8250 works fine on both.

ccwong
16-07-2002, 10:38 AM
I have tried on my 8250, it works fine.

but my 3310 only works in English language, chinese traditional / simplified, all the chinese wordings run-off.

Please advice !

TQ

C.C.Wong

victor
16-07-2002, 03:04 PM
Try it with 3310 language pack K............ i'm using this language pack and it works FINE.

COMM .,?!:;-+#*()'"_@&$\xA3%/<>\xBF\xA1\xA7=\xA4\xB8\xA5

to.........

COMM .,?!:;-+#*()'"_@&$\xA3%/<>\xBF\xA1\xA7=\xA4\x01\x0A

Try WinDLS to change those language pack.

ccwong
17-07-2002, 06:36 AM
i am using ver 5.55 on my nokia 3310, and package K do not have chinese traditional / simplified language ?

Please guide me more

ggho5t_200sx
13-08-2002, 11:17 AM
Ive changed the code and flashed it to my phone and it works fine, i can make the text flash but when i send it the text doesnt flash on the receivers phone. Has anyone got any idea what is going wrong?

NokiaPhreak
15-08-2002, 07:39 AM
@ggho5t_200sx

You need phone that have unicode support like 33xx, or using language pack which contain unicode character like pack K from 82xx which contain chinese font, but you may need to change chinese language to yours, if you don't know chinese language.

When sending sms, choose language chinese and send sms from this language setting.

markaidestine
10-09-2002, 11:12 PM
You need phone that have unicode support like 33xx, or using language pack which contain unicode character like pack K from 82xx which contain chinese font, but you may need to change chinese language to yours, if you don't know chinese language.
-------------------------------------------------

TO NOKIA PHREAKS

I Just want to ask regarding what u've said on this thread about languange pack that contains unicode, r u saying that if i flash that languange pack in 8250, i will be able to send a blinking sms, coz as far as i know if u put a blinking feature in 8250, it will only blink in d fone when u r writing a message but if u save it or send it to another fone, it wont blink. Just correct me if im wrong about what u really mean about it! Coz im really interested on how an 8250 can send blinking sms.

THANKS! :)

milango
19-09-2002, 01:56 PM
about blinking sms;

Blinking sms can be done in Logo Manager in Sending SMS.
Just enclose the sms you want to blink with \f.

ex:
if i want to blink "YES"
i will write it this way \fYES\f

Why do you have to make it in hard way?

:D

caleb_2
25-09-2002, 04:00 PM
@milango:
because not every1 wants to carry a comp or laptop around for sending blinking sms :D

anyway... still haven't gotten that to work on my 5510 :( although I haven't gotten any (self-)modified flash to work, but I'm still working on it.

greetz
cal

Swoop
10-10-2002, 02:54 AM
hi,

did try to insert the linefeed and blinking character to the 8890. it went fine but still, the receiver can't see the blinking sms on their phone.

Just to add, could anyone here give me details on the character coding used.

\x01 = blinking
\x0A = linefeed
etc...

You may have the character listing, and would be kind enough to share it with us...

NokiaPhreak
10-10-2002, 06:01 AM
ok, look this....

for blink and linefeed, you need phone support unicode like 3310,3315 etc, which have unicode option is message menu.

for other's phone without unicode option, like 82xx,51xx etc, you need to using unicode language like chinese, you need to swicth your language to chinese and send your blink and linefeed message there. Because of unicode are 2 bytes per character, so you only got 70 word in your message.

if you don't know chinese, you can translate the chinese menu language to english.

hope this solve all your question.

:)

slikmik
10-10-2002, 09:41 AM
//==
NokiaPhreak
for blink and linefeed, you need phone support unicode like 3310,3315 etc, which have unicode option is message menu.
//==

:confused: NO, SORRY I DISAGREE!!!!! :confused:

First of all ANY nokia can send a \x0A for line feed WITHOUT the need for UNICODE - have you tried it?? (3210,8210 can no probs and they dont support unicode!!) and also as an added bonus you DONT need unicode or different language pack to send unicode flashing \x01 messages either!!

All you do is send yourself a message in unicode from pc usin mbus/fbus cable to ya fone, SAVE it, then when you want to send a flashing sms message all you do is edit this existing message - it will display a max of 70 characters cos it was SAVED in unicode! then when you send it to another fone for example:

This is \x01FLASHING\x01

It will flash on the recipients fone!! yay :rolleyes:

No offence intended to peeps - just enforcing that this DOES work
i have a nokia 8210 which can send flashing sms easy and 8210 doesnt support unicode!

Oh and you can do the same for class 0 sms - which popup directly on screen, save a class 0 message - then simply edit and send on - it works fine and dont need support for unicode!!

Mike

Swoop
10-10-2002, 11:14 AM
okay, okay...

silkmik way of sending blinking messages is ok.

what we are after here is modifying your phone so it can send blinking messages thru its own. not thru the help of devices

slikmik
10-10-2002, 11:33 AM
My method is simply editing a unicode sms when saved in the fone

It doesnt use devices when sending just needs a unicode to start with - either sending yourself one using pc or getting someone with a 33xx to send you one

Mike

wklau
11-10-2002, 01:22 AM
Hi,

I changed the flash file as described by NokDoc, when I flash to 8250, it show “contact service” :(
I think this is due to checksum problem. I use knox to repair but no help. Any other good software that can cal & repair checksum ??

TIA

Swoop
11-10-2002, 01:26 AM
wklau,

try to calculate your checksum using PPM manager. It happened to me once. After calculating the checksum using PPMManager, it went fine after the flashing.

good luck

wklau
11-10-2002, 02:05 AM
Hi Swoop

Thanks for the reply, what PPMmanager you using ? I use 0.91 but no help also...

Swoop
11-10-2002, 02:18 AM
i'm using the one i got from this website...

NokiaPhreak
11-10-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by slikmik

:confused: NO, SORRY I DISAGREE!!!!! :confused:

Mike [/B]

sometime please read and understand what ppl want or need here, i think most of them want to sent blink and linefeed sms by using their phone without wasting 1 or 2 sms storage space in the simcard.

again, no offence! :)

markaidestine
11-10-2002, 01:55 PM
Well, Slikmik and i have the same style of sending blinking message, i understand what he mean, since 8210/8250 doesnt support unicode like 3310, all u need to do is save a blinking message coming from 3310/3315... coz that message has already the capacity to support unicode, so all u have to do is edit that message and send it!...u can also use the blinking feature (pressing "0" 3 times) to choose which word or letters do u want to blink!

and to NokiaPhreak's suggestion regarding swithching to Chinese
languange.....well it sounds interesting..... i will try it!

slikmik
11-10-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by markaidestine
Well, Slikmik and i have the same style of sending blinking message, i understand what he mean, since 8210/8250 doesnt support unicode like 3310, all u need to do is save a blinking message coming from 3310/3315... coz that message has already the capacity to support unicode, so all u have to do is edit that message and send it!...u can also use the blinking feature (pressing "0" 3 times) to choose which word or letters do u want to blink!

and to NokiaPhreak's suggestion regarding swithching to Chinese
languange.....well it sounds interesting..... i will try it!

bingo :)

As for what nokiaphreak was saying - this is the ONLY way of sending flashing sms from unsuported nokia handset, unless you change the language to a unicode one such as chinese...

But either way its good to express our views and ideas

Cheers
Mike