PDA

View Full Version : staff or pitbull

jabranali
16-08-2003, 06:23 PM
i have been lokking for these dogs in he u.k but can't find good ones anybody wanna just give me one for free around london.

p.s.
i know about pitbulls in u.k

morpheus17
16-08-2003, 09:06 PM
no choosing between em m8 i presume your talking about the english bull terrier and not the pit bull with cropped ears

i have a staff(3yr old bitch) and an english bull terrier(2 1/2 bitch) and they get along great they have the odd fight but nothing serious and funnily enough the staff rules the roost if jazz(bull terrier)is on kyras bed as soon as she comes in jazz is off like a bullett

if you can afford both get em both, but make sure you get em roughly the same age then they get on better

try this link for a good staffie site

http://groups.msn.com/PearldiverStaffordshireBullTerriersUK

but if i had to choose it would be the staff every time great with kids and other people and like the bully looks the business

Gee
20-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Get a staff them dogs rule.
Have look at Chiqó

bobl
20-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Damn he's cute :)

What kind of temprament do they have? Happy or psycho? :)

Cheers

Bob

Gee
20-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by bobl
Damn he's cute :)

What kind of temprament do they have? Happy or psycho? :)

Cheers

Bob

Mine has the best temprament eva but he can go psycho if provoked guess its the same with all dogs, he is also so loyal. But he is now massive and so strong that picture is when he was 6mths he is now 1 and half

morpheus17
20-08-2003, 08:31 PM
always a happy dog only psycho when its dinner time but never nasty they are a dog which will take over your life you will never regret getting a staffie m8 its like your 1st bird you will always remember

jabranali
22-08-2003, 08:42 PM
whats up i want one a pitbull or staff i am in london my cousin had a pitbull i love it but his mum made him give it away i want one anybody giving a puppy or selling it cheap and you're pupprysure looks cute gee.

Gee
22-08-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks jabranali
full bread Pitbulls are banned in the uk the next best thing is a white staff. However I think it's ok to have pitbull cross with something else.
A pitbull crossed with a staff would be a good one if you want a pitbull

charme
24-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Gee
Get a staff them dogs rule.
Have look at Chiqó

You got that name from the movie "Next Friday" didn't you :)

Gee
25-08-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by charme
You got that name from the movie "Next Friday" didn't you :)

Yes :D

jabranali
28-08-2003, 09:09 PM
is it true gee that you are allowed to have a pitbull crossbred with a staff i thought you were not allowed anything to do with a pitbull. that explains all the staffs look like pitbulls but my cousins was a purebred pitbull i have seen it's mother. how much do you reckon i got get a
staff bred with a pitbull.

Gee
28-08-2003, 10:58 PM
is it true gee that you are allowed to have a pitbull crossbred with a staff i thought you were not allowed anything to do with a pitbull. that explains all the staffs look like pitbulls but my cousins was a purebred pitbull i have seen it's mother. how much do you reckon i got get a
staff bred with a pitbull.

Yes you can have a pitbull crossbred with a staff. The only problem is Pitbull are banned in the UK as I mentioned above. Finding a pitbull to breed with a staff would be difficult but if your cousin has a pitbull then give it a go by the way your cousin is lucky if any one reports the pitbull they will have to give it up. If the Pitbull Xed with a staff turns out white I think you can get around £300 for it

Here is a picture of chiqo, This is how he looks now a days

Gee
28-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Yes you can have a pitbull crossbred with a staff. The only problem is Pitbull are banned in the UK as I mentioned above. Finding a pitbull to breed with a staff would be difficult but if your cousin has a pitbull then give it a go by the way your cousin is lucky if any one reports the pitbull they will have to give it up. If the Pitbull Xed with a staff turns out white I think you can get around £300 for it

Here is a picture of chiqo, This is how he looks now a days

Sorry forgot to attach well here he is

jabranali
29-08-2003, 01:17 AM
he looks great but as i said my cousin gave it up you know anyone with not balck. red is great

Gee
29-08-2003, 01:54 AM
he looks great but as i said my cousin gave it up you know anyone with not balck. red is great

When are you thinking of buying one

bobl
29-08-2003, 02:35 AM
@Gee

I still think Chiqó is cute. Is that a pure breed Staff? Or a cross? :)

I know very little about dogs, I was considering getting one, but they seem like a lot of work to me, I have never had a pet before...:(

Cheers

Bob

Gee
29-08-2003, 04:14 AM
@Gee

I still think Chiqó is cute. Is that a pure breed Staff? Or a cross? :)

I know very little about dogs, I was considering getting one, but they seem like a lot of work to me, I have never had a pet before...:(

Cheers

Bob

Chiqó is a fully bred staff. Dogs are not easy to look after they need a lot of time if you've never had one before my advise would be don't get one.
Ask any of your friends if you could dog sit one of theres for a few days and you will see that it aint easy, If you still want one you can who am I to stop you.

morpheus17
29-08-2003, 06:30 AM
i personally wouldn't entertain a staffie x pitbull as you lose the staffie temprement and thats what they are all about chiqo is a cracking looking dog m8 my 1st staff was a white one

i have attached a pic of my staff kyra a 3yr old bitch

jabranali
29-08-2003, 10:19 PM
kyra looks nice but i want cross bred one not all pitbulls have bad temperments it depends on how you treat it plus the cross will always be bigger and it does have a real i am sure.
but if you do have a puppy to give just pm me please.

morpheus17
30-08-2003, 02:32 AM
yep must agree a dog is only a bad as it's owner i just prefer pure bred dogs thats all

i'll keep my eyes open if someone has one and let you know

bobl
30-08-2003, 05:26 AM
Kyra is gorgeous :)

Yeh, I really should try dog sitting, but as you guys said, it's a lot of work, I don't think I'm prepared or willing to do that much...

Maybe I should try goldfish :)

Cheers

Bob

jabranali
01-09-2003, 05:53 PM
thanks now i know it isn't illegal completely i'll have a look around does anyone know what a staf and rotteweiler corss looks like.
thanks for you're help everyone.

Gee
01-09-2003, 09:43 PM
jabranali
What ever you do do NOT do that rotwiellers are dopy (thick) no offence to any one that has one.
The best one is a bullmastif with a staff.

jabranali
02-09-2003, 04:13 PM
that is true gee they are dopey my friend got one but great gaurd dogs well just let me know but also i won't mind a pit/staff mix brd with a good dog like a mastif.

horris_pinka
29-11-2003, 01:58 PM
kyra looks nice but i want cross bred one not all pitbulls have bad temperments it depends on how you treat it plus the cross will always be bigger and it does have a real i am sure.
but if you do have a puppy to give just pm me please.

hi,
i already have a 2yr old staff bitch and am looking at some pitbull x staffies today theyre going for £50 each but theyre in nottingham. if youre interested mail me at [email protected] and ill let you know what theyre like. and ill take some pics if i can. 29-11-03 so if you leave it long they will be gone.

jabranali
20-12-2003, 09:12 PM
hello i am still looking for one but without luck and i would also like to have a look at you're crossb breeds as well.

brody
19-03-2004, 01:24 AM
http://
Sorry forgot to attach well here he is
I have a white staffy X. His mum is a staffy, his dad is a staffy cross (his dad's parents are staffy bitch and a staffy X pitbull dad) making my dog 1/8 pit.

I have never bothered to find out if it is actually illegal to own him. He obviously has a lot more staffy in him, and I would have thought he would be classed as an Americam Staffordshire Terrier. I tell people he is an Irish Staff, as they are renowned to have longer legs.

Can you let us know if you think it is illegal to own him. I can't find anything on web about it. I think my dog's great grandad (pittbull) was bred before 1991 when the banning law came in.

Here is a pic of him. By the way, yours looks pretty cool, white ones are definitely the least common and best looking!