PDA

View Full Version : I've problems with 6210 after fubu flashing

lobstermac
13-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Hey, first I've to excuse me for my bad English but I'm an German newbie and it's the first time I take this way to get a little help for my problems. Something I would explain: I found a 6210 during my weekly joggingturn. so I decided to take it for my son.
I got a FullBackup (v. 5.17) from a nice member in the GSMFREE.board. Hardware (flasherinterface and datacable) are onboard. I've flashed the fubu in by rollis 4.78, update FAID, unlock SP-locks, changed IMEI with the one from my older 6210, and made a SW-reset, all by noktools1.8. But after putting in my SIM-card I get netcontact D2-vondafone for only 3 seconds. That it is!!! Please, can I get help form someone?

Maybe a problem with the FAID????

I'm sorry. I din't read the threads enough, it seems the same problem did appear in the past. But I didn't read any good tip for this problem because everyone took the right software for RAID-calculating and the problem is still working on.

with best regards
lobstermac

Liam
22-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Not having much experience with German networks but is the one you tried an 1800mHz one? Or 900mhz ?

Because i think its a common fault with some 6210 ( two of mine especially) where it works fine on 900, but on 1800, only signal for a few seconds.

I think the repair is a service centre retune the RF settings, but as you have flashed it and change the IMEI, i dont think Nokia will do it.

Thus you will have to then try someone with Wintelsa who knows what settings and a working wintelsa dongle to make the adjustments. like a service center trained engineer with thier own home equipment or some mobile phone shop etc