PDA

View Full Version : nokia 7650 help!

martin 1983
18-08-2003, 09:14 AM
hello there. i am sorry to bother you but i have a nokia 7650 on uk orange. i am a farmer and one day i was working and the sim card fell out cos i lost the top cover. the only other sim card i have is vodaphone and i want to use that in my 7650 please could one of you clever chaps tell me how to do it and what code i need. i know the emei number which is 350774106277185. i will be forever gratefull to anyone that can help. please could you e mail me on [email protected] or just pm me. thank you so much

MrWolfman
18-08-2003, 09:18 AM
remove sim

#pw+139574565727171+7#

try forst post results

Smart Calc

MrWolfman
18-08-2003, 09:34 AM
just got this pm from you please post on the forum its better that way

hello mr wolfman. you replied to my problem, my 7650 that was on uk orange that i wanted to unlock. i took out my sim card and typed in the code you sent me and it just came up with "code error" what can i do please help. can you either pm me or e mail me on [email protected] please help i will be forever gratefull.

right then
put another simcard in the phone from another network
does it say simcard registration failed?

martin 1983
18-08-2003, 09:43 AM
i put the sim card in switch it on and it says enter password which i know so i enter that and it comes up with SIM card rejected what do you recon do. do you know another code. would it matter that the phone was on contract uk orange

MrWolfman
18-08-2003, 09:45 AM
do you have another simcard from another network
does an orange simcard work in the phone?

martin 1983
18-08-2003, 09:48 AM
any orange sim card will work in it, it does not matter if it is contract or not. it just does not like my vodafone sim card.

MrWolfman
18-08-2003, 09:53 AM
#pw+724050355272457+1#

try that code see what happens
if it errors again then i am worried about your phone
it may be just the simcard you are trying thats not working
but the phone sounds unlocked to me already
but it could be barred/blocked

you say u lost your orange sim
if u come clean and tell us the hole facts i will be able to help u more

question 1
you say it was a contract phone, if so why not get a replacement orange sim?
does this mean you have concelled your contract with orange?

question 2
when you cancelled your orange contract was it after having this phone for more than 12 months?
if you cancelled it before 12 months there is a chanced that orange barred/blocked the phone

martin 1983
18-08-2003, 10:03 AM
ok what happened was is i had the phone on contract and it still is. after five months i could not afford that months bill. they suspended the contract and i cant dial out or accept calls till i have paid them. but i can still put a normal orange card in and it works fine

MrWolfman
18-08-2003, 10:07 AM
right then try code 1 i gave u above
then try another simcard not the vodafone one u tried
and not another orange one

it sound like its a problem with that vodafone sim

if u say that an orange payasugo still works in the phone ok
still send and receive calls with the orange payasyou go then the phone should unlock fine with one of thoughs codes

it doesnt sound blocked/barred if what u say is true about using an orange payasugo fine

try another simcard

or there is one other possiblility
had u tried to enter any other codes more than 5 times?

martin 1983
18-08-2003, 10:18 AM
that did notwork again, the voda phone sim i know is fine cos it is in a real knackered 3210 that half the screen is smashed and it doesnot ring and the screen will not illuminate. i drove over it when it fell out the open door of my tractor. thats why i am kind of desperate to get the 7650 working so i can use it properly

MrWolfman
18-08-2003, 10:31 AM
in that case orange must have blocked the phone
to confirm you need a datacable not usb and bwinlock to read out your config key
but im 100% sure that orange have not got a new key for your phone so the codes given are 100% correct
if it does not unlock then the following must apply

1 the simcard does not work you are trying
2 the phone is blocked/barred due to reported lost or stolen
3 the phone is blocked/barred due to termination of contract

i feel from the information you have given that 3 applies to your situation

you cannot get around the problem with paying the bill to orange
or re programming the imei which is diffcult, expensive and totally illegal in the uk

sorry mate cant do anything else