PDA

View Full Version : interfacing a PIC and a mobile

mofokent
19-08-2003, 02:44 PM
HI everyone

I'm trying to make a gadget that will send some info via SMS through usage of a PIC microcontroller. Basically I will need to make the PIC send data to a mobile phone (preferably nokia 3315 but can be other nokia phones or other brand) via FBUS/MBUS (?)
No PCs of any sort are to be used. Just a pic and a phone. Anyone has any info or assembly code that may give me some pointers? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

wumpus
20-08-2003, 12:06 AM
You need an UART hooked to your microcontroller to communicate with the phone.
(but I suppose you already knew that - more details please)

mofokent
20-08-2003, 08:45 AM
yeh UART is a thing we are looking at as a part of my project. I have a 3315 and i got a serial cable that connects to the PC to talk to that phone.
I will probably need to modify it to be of use with a PIC instead of a PC?

I have also read somewhere that some sort of AT commands can be used for communication between a PIC and a phone. ANyone have any info on this or any code?

I don't really know much about this so I am asking for your help ppl. any tips, no matter how trivial they might seem to you, are of use to me.

thanx

iver89
20-08-2003, 07:53 PM
something that had been cool, was some cind of sms terminal. a graphical LCD and a AT keyboard, and a phone connected to the hole thing to send a recieve sms's

<M457>
16-09-2003, 07:05 PM
you don't need any FBUS/Mbus cables, because the phone and PIC work with TTL signal (3v-5v). all pc-mobile serial cables convert +12v/-12v signals from pc serial port in TTL signal and vice-versa.
I don't have some code, but you can look at dejanbox disassembled source for UART in google.

Mircea Vasiliu
22-09-2003, 05:22 PM
You can use one of the PICs that have an UART builtin (like 16F628 for example - you can read about the UART in the specs). In this way you can connect the phone directly to the PIC (with some precautions - check http://www.panuworld.net/nuukiaworld/hardware/index.htm)

I'm also interested in this stuff, but I'm only in the 'gathering info' phase.

If I get more info I'll post it here.

BR

NokDoc
22-09-2003, 07:41 PM
Mr. Mircea,

Is it really U?

Hi. :)

(sorry for me being offtopic, but this guy stole my heart once)

NokDoc

Mircea Vasiliu
23-09-2003, 04:38 PM
You can find some more info here:
http://www.atrox.at/datacable/index.html

@NokDoc
Yes, it's really me ;), awake from hibernation (don't know for how long though...)

BR

dr.bizar
24-09-2003, 04:46 PM
@mofokent...

First of all - as allready mentioned you will need a UART intf.

Next you will have to make shure you are runnning at 9600 baud.
(choose your clk with care)

Regarding AT commands - only some nokia phones respont to theese, as it requires a build in modem (they call it data enabled phones).

Next you need to get a grip on the M-bus/Fbus command set
as all nokias respont to theese.

I've all ready made a pic interface for my 3210 - long time ago, and it wasn't anything fancy - just read out the sec. code.

For more information on nokia DCT3 interfacing plz check out my site
I've made a interfacing tutorial [VB6 though] but it's the same priciple

http://blight.dk/nokia/pcorner/gettingstarted.php

@ NokDoc and Mircea

Hey you 2 love birds cut it out - ;)

mofokent
02-10-2003, 10:55 AM
I am going to use uart (USART) to talk to the phone. Nokia 3310 (and 3315?) has the max FBUS speed 115200 baud so i imagine i would need to make the PIC's UsART operate the same speed? or can i go at a lower speed? Will the phone want to force its max speed or will it know that the speed at which PIC wants to talk is lower (in case I cant make the pic TX/RX at the 115200 baud).
I have found info on FBUS and all the commands that would make the phone send sms ( i think) - will not use AT commands.

From what i understand the PIC and the phone will understand each other's voltages as they both operate at the same voltage level?

Am i missing anything else?

thanx

Mircea Vasiliu
03-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Haven't tried it, so this is just guessing, but I think you'll have to use a speed of 115200 baud to be able to communicate with the phone with FBUS. Maybe you can lower the speed with a special command, but I don't know of any.

You can connect directly the PIC and the phone, but I guess you'll have to supply +3V to the PIC since the phone uses that voltage and it could be dangerous to drive the phone from a +5V supply. On the schematics of DLR3 cable on the atrox site there is a 100 ohm resistor between the MBUS pin of the phone and the PIC. Maybe this is needed for FBUS also, maybe it isn't. Maybe you can try with some resistor and if it doesn't work you can try without.

BR

aussiet68i
03-10-2003, 01:28 PM
We've got a Mitsubishi M16C64 micro communicating with a mobile via mbus. We used a level converter circuit to drop from 5v to 3v and communicate via uarts on the micro. Let me know if you're after any specific info and hopefully I can help u out. We can send + recieve SMS and do almost everything that logomanager can do.

Mircea Vasiliu
06-10-2003, 11:00 AM
@aussiet68i

Schematics and sample code would be very nice if possible ; ) I also want to send SMS, but mainly if MBUS works anything is possible.

Also have you tried to get the power directly from the phone (I think it can deliver 3V approx.)?

BR

dr.bizar
11-10-2003, 07:36 PM
@aussiet68i

Also have you tried to get the power directly from the phone (I think it can deliver 3V approx.)?

BR

hi m8... max232 or whatever if you need a higher voltage ;)

aussiet68i
13-10-2003, 05:37 PM
@aussiet68i

Schematics and sample code would be very nice if possible ; ) I also want to send SMS, but mainly if MBUS works anything is possible.

BR

I've attached two schematics, one allows the bi directional coms to the mbus line... the other converts the mbus line to the right logic levels... we used a simple voltage divider for the 3 volt supply. Hope this helps. Can anybody shead some light on deleting messages from the SIM?

aussiet68i
13-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Just note, your RX line will recieve whatever u TX, so make sure u code to ignore what u are putting out onto the line.

Mircea Vasiliu
14-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the info!

About message deleting have you tried to look inside the gammu sources? gammu has a sms deleting function, but I haven't looked into the sources yet.

BR

kaos
16-10-2003, 02:50 PM
You can find unlock clip's schematic and source on the net. It sends mbus security commands to the attached dct-3 phones. Easy to modify assembly source.

BR,
KAoS

kennethkearney
23-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Hi,

I have all the hardware set up. What I have is a PIC set up with a UART. This is connected serially to a Nokia 6150 and everything is good to go.

What I would love is the code to go along with this. If someone could e-mail this to me on [email protected] that would be brilliant.

Cheers

KK

aussiet68i
29-10-2003, 01:14 PM
I'm programming in C for a M16C micro, I'm happy to answer any specific questions, but wont be posting my code.

kennethkearney
29-10-2003, 01:39 PM
I'm programming in C for a M16C micro, I'm happy to answer any specific questions, but wont be posting my code.

Can I just clear up a few things then?

I've found some C functions to do what I want. If it insists on a baud rate of 115200, that means it's FBUS protocol??

Are the commands the same though?

Do you know where I can find a full FBUS command set?

aussiet68i
29-10-2003, 02:32 PM
I decided to use mbus... That runs at 9600baud. What i had most difficulty was with acks and timing issues...

There's heaps of data here.

http://www.nokia-unlocking.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/resource/

In terms of SMS, check this out...

http://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.html#part2

kennethkearney
29-10-2003, 04:32 PM
I decided to use mbus... That runs at 9600baud. What i had most difficulty was with acks and timing issues...

Thanks a million.

Here's a thought. To prolong the battery life, have you ever seen a standby command or commands to turn on and off the phone from the micro??

I reckon the battery would last ages if you only had the phone working whenever it needed to send a message. Is there a standby mode or anything like that? (Nokia 6150)

mofokent
30-10-2003, 10:01 AM
well i've made a set of hex codes that should tell the phone to send some text to another fone and i cant get it to work. the power supply im using for my pic (16f877 at 4 mhz) is round 3 volts (two 1.5 AAs) and i have measure thre voltage on the rx/tx pins of the pic - they dont seem to go over 3 volts. 2.8 for the tx and a but less for rx. i have used an osciloscope to watch the data flow from the pic and have seen what appeared to be square waves goin very fast. the osciloscope at my disposal is not too good (need a digital one that can capture the waves) so i cant really confirm that the output from the tx is what is meant to come out but i am assuming it is. I have wires connected to the nokia's (3310) tx/rx and ground and to the PICs tx/rx and ground (battrey negative). i dont need any other special cable do i? since the voltages from the pic are close to the voltages the phone's fbus/mbus port can understand? what about currents? maybe the phone i am using wants a higher baud than i am able to supply. i dont think i can make my pic go as high as fbus max without increasing the error rate in the transmission. ??
anyways i dont know why the phone aint sending the sms. i have checked the hex codes again today and they seem right.
any suggestions anyone?
also is it possible to send a command to the phone to turn it self on and off?

thanx for any help

Guliver_TwiSt
30-10-2003, 10:09 AM
i sympathise with your situation mofokent, can anyone please shed any light on this issue. does he somehow need to send a command to the phone saying, i like to send to you at 9600bps then send the sms message, or what. also mofokent have u tried connecting the phone to hyperterminal, and sending over that, maybe that would work(prove your sms packet is correct? ? but i hear nokia needs special drivers to do so, which kind of makes me wonder if u need those drivers between the pic and your phone.
Good luck with it.

regards,

Oli

mofokent
30-10-2003, 10:20 AM
yes i have tried connecting the phone to a pc via hyperterm and used port monitor to see whats happening. still couldnt talk to the phone. i think i may need drivers or something for nokia. anyone knows where to get em? im just so sick of this stuff but i need it for my final year university project and i dont have much time left.

aslo i have used proteus to simulate the pic's sending toa virtual hyperterm and the virtual pic sent it so i am confident that my uart is working and sending. now the real life communications arent going as well :-?

Guliver_TwiSt
30-10-2003, 10:25 AM
just had a look at the link from the embedtronics fellow, and he seems to send 128 'U' characters to synchronsie the pic and the phone, maybe this negotiates the speed at which you will be transmitting. you mention before that you are unable to send at 112500, are you sure that the phone is able to drop down to the speed which you are sending at. Also i think the minimum speed you can send at may depend on your cable type. i recall reading that some phones using f-bus are at a minimum of 19200 while others allow as low as 9600. once again, good luck with the project.

p.s. Somehow i suspect you will be able to turn the phone on and off using the f-bus protocol, but i may be wrong. perhaps it can be done some other way, if you emulate a car kit, but i am not sure about this, or how you could go about doing that. I hope some of the more experienced people can shed some light, i to am intersted in doing a project using a pic and a nokia phone and hence take keen interest in any replies which help you achieve a solution. since the pics have USART is just seems easier to code for them with f-bus as it to is duplex.

mofokent
30-10-2003, 10:34 AM
yeh i saw that site where they guy sends the Us and i did that. no help.
the cable i am using is just wires (plugged into my breadboard where the pic is) - nothing else. i bought a special cable that an australian electronix store makes (dick smith elect.) for nokia 3310 so they can be hooked up to a pc. i just cut off the rs232 connectr where the rs232 converter chip is cuz i figured i wont need that since the pic and the mobile are on the simular (if not the same voltage level). i do use the other half of the cable when i try to make my PC talk to the phone.

dr.bizar
30-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Hi m8.

What operating system are u currently using ???
What PIC are you using ???

Well here a little check list to help you figure out the problem - i hope

First off all: you say you connect your PIC directly to your phone.
Plz remember if you are using mbus, it's a half duplex, 2 way serial bus (uses one line to phone) This means that you will have to compensate for this by threestating one of your s/uart lines when sending or receiveing data. Therefor i suggest you build a simple mbus "converter", if this is giving you grays.

2. Check your S/Uart settings:
M-Bus runs at 9600bps, 8 data bits, odd parity, one stop bit. The data terminal ready (DTR) pin must be cleared with the request to send (RTS)

3. Remember to set "local mode" and increase your SQ number.

4. Be sure to give your phone a propper ACK, when you have recieved all the data.

Regarding Hyper-Terminal:
1) Nokia doesn't need special drivers
2) Check above advice
3) If you are using NT/2000/XP try installing userport.

I gues you allready got this figured but just in case:

m-bus data format. Take the command "1F 00 10 40 00 04 00 01 64 03 11 3C" (Reset phone software)

1F = Teels phone to use M-bus comunication
00 = Destination = Phone
10 = Meaning: Here comes WinTesla sort off
40 = Means it's a securety command
00 04 = Length of command. In this case 4 "00 01 64 03"
00 01 64 03 = Reset phone software (see mbus command set)
11 = Sequence nr. (SQ) just inc. by 1 with every command send
3C = Checksum (CHK) Xor from the beginning: 1F Xor 00 Xor 10 Xor 40... and so on

The SQ is the command nr. It dosn't matter as long as it's different
from any other SQ sent to the phone during session, remember if you change the SQ you need to update the CHK

Guess that all i got up my sleeve right now...

Guliver_TwiSt
30-10-2003, 07:12 PM
he is most probably using the 16f877 as this is a very popular and cheap pic among the hobbyists that supports USART. i don;t think he would have any problems as he is using f-bus and this is full duplex. i don't see how he would set the data terminal ready (DTR) pin as cleared with the request to send (RTS) as he is not going through a standard serial pc port, but rather connecting his pic dirrectly to the send and recieve pins on his phone, hence 1 line in, and one line out.however from the info you have provided, it seems like you also got it working with m-bus, and i bet mofokent also wishes he chose it instead of f-bus. i sure hope someone can provide insight on how to do this with f-bus though, as it seems to be alot easier from the coding perspective. assembly is definately not a walk in the park, when compared to c or other high level languages :)

mofokent
31-10-2003, 12:41 PM
I've done more stuff:

i used nokia logo manager, a program that sends hex codes via rs232 port (instead of hyperterm) and port monitor to try to figure out whats goin on. The phone can talk to logo manager only via mbus and it wouldnt connect thru fbus which was strange since the cable i bought (DAU - 9) from an aussie electronics store should cover both the mbus and fbus. i used port monitor to observe the hex codes going through the rs232 port when sending an sms via logo manager. I used the mbus codes i saw generated by logo manager and tried sending them using a hyperterminal replacement i found (hyperterm freezes when port m,onitor is on for some reason) and pasted the code in it but it wouldnt work. then i tried sending that same code from the pic using mbus line and that didnt work. one thing ive noticed is that when logo manager talks to my phone (eg sends commands to send message) port monitor logs those hex commands in a block rather than in a stream
eg:
logomanager: talk to phone would look like
bytes 5: 1f 00 ee aa cc (just arbitrary hex codes for illustrative purpose only)

whereas i can only send a set of hex codes one after the other
eg:
5 bytes would be
byte1: 1f
byte1: 00
byte1: ee

etc

donno if that makes a difference but the pic can only send like that and i havent found a way to send data from my PC to the phone in any other way.

Another thing about mbus - i know it echoes whatever i send back to the PIC (or PC) but what i need to know is does it echoe a set of hex codes bit by bit or does the phone wait till it understands the stream of hex codes b4 it echoes that same stream back?? I really hope someone can provide insight on f-bus though, as i hate to add odd parity into the code(needed by m-bus).

If the phone is echoing bit by bit, how would i take care of the collisions, would i need to use a diode and add a delay?

please help, its getting very desperate for me as far as my project goes.!!

dr.bizar
31-10-2003, 06:53 PM
Okay heres some more general info on Mbus and Fbus:

Comunication sequnce between phone and pic wilkl look like this:
* Init phone (set local mode)
* Send Actual command to phone
* Recieve ACK from phone
* Receive "pack" from phone containing the data reguested
* send ACK to phone

So you wouldn't have to worry about collision as command in its basic structure look like this
"Header, Command length, body, SQ, CHK"
So the phone recieves the header and says: OK whats next
Next it recieves the length of the command {body} so it knows exactly how many bytes to expect. Next it expects to recieve eg. 2 bytes: the SQ and CHK. and only after this, will the phone respond.

Rgarding the format your are sending your cammands:
It's not a problem as the phone also only understands one byte at the time.

FBUS protocol format 2:
"FrameID, DestDEV, SrcDEV, MsgType, 0x00, FrameLength, Body, FramesToGo, SeqNo, {PaddingByte}, ChkSum1, ChkSum2"

Here's and Example:
Take the command(s) (Grab'ed with port monitor)

This is whats sent to phone Split into 2 frames:

Where the first frame
1E 00 0C 40 00 06 00 01 7E 01 01 42 6D 04

1E - FrameID, 1E=FBUS
00 - Destination, 00 = phone
0C - Source, 0C = PC
40 - Security commands
00 - Always 0
06 - Framelength. number of bytes from position 7 to 12
00 01 7E 01 01 42 - body contents
6D - Sequence number
04 - Checksum of bytes from position 1 to 13.

Second frame:
1E 00 0C 7F 00 02 40 06 52 7B

1E - FrameID, 1E=FBUS
00 - Destination, 00 = phone
0C - Source, 0C = PC
7F - Acknowledge
00 - Always 0
02 - Framelength. number of bytes from position 7 to 8
40 06 - body contents
52 - Ack Sequence number
7B - Checksum of bytes from position 1 to 9

The block contents: 40 06 means
40 - type
06 - sequence

Hope this helps - cheers

Guliver_TwiSt
01-11-2003, 06:10 AM
just wondering what this local mode is? is it to do with the 2 bytes of the packet, destination and source ? also if he were to just want to send an sms, does he really need to worry about the 2 ack recieved from teh phone and ack it all back, does the sms not get sent before the 2nd ack from the phone ?

mofokent
01-11-2003, 06:13 AM
thanx for all that info dr.bizar.
yeh i was wonderin what was that local mode thingy all about as well.

anyways i'll go try to get this thing working again today and let you all know how it went.

mofokent
03-11-2003, 11:23 AM
still no luck. cant figure it out. anyone knows what this local mode is and how do i enable it?
aussiet68i you seem to have done this with m-bus and a microcontroller, can u offer any help ? maybe outline step by step what u had done ? i'm going crazy over here, and this stuff is all due in 2 weeks, i still have to write documentation too!

Thanks!!

kennethkearney
04-11-2003, 07:52 PM
Okay heres some more general info on Mbus and Fbus:

Comunication sequnce between phone and pic wilkl look like this:
* Init phone (set local mode)
* Send Actual command to phone

Hope this helps - cheers

Can anybody help with the Init phone part of the sequence????

I'm tearing my hair out here and am going to go mental.

I have the PIC hooked up properly with the phone but it won't talk to it at all.

What do I have to do to intialize the connection? I've heard of having to send 128 times 0x55 to synchronize them. Is this right? Should I get an ack?

I have a scope hooked up to the tx pin of the pin and can see the data going out but nothing's coming back. Can anybody help??

Any help would be great

aussiet68i
05-11-2003, 04:24 PM
Can anybody help with the Init phone part of the sequence????

I'm tearing my hair out here and am going to go mental.

I have the PIC hooked up properly with the phone but it won't talk to it at all.

What do I have to do to intialize the connection? I've heard of having to send 128 times 0x55 to synchronize them. Is this right? Should I get an ack?

I have a scope hooked up to the tx pin of the pin and can see the data going out but nothing's coming back. Can anybody help??

Any help would be great

OK here are some tips...

First, build a max232 circuit and connect it to the mbus line between the micro and phone, so u can watch what's going on... download RS232 Hex tool 3.0 and u'll be able to see exactly what's going on.

If the phone isn't responding with an ack, u have to retransmit the command without incrementing the SEQ number.

Try sending the phone some of these commands...

{0x1F, 0x00, 0x1D, 0xD1, 0x00, 0x05, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00};

This will reply with an ACK

{0x1F, 0x00, 0x1D, 0x04, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00};

This will reply with an ACK and then data (version number etc)

U'll have to add a SEQ number and calculate your Checksum (the XOR of all the bytes in the packet).

Also try putting the phone on charge, for some reason u can use the mbus line without polling it when it's charging. Does anybody know why this is??

Ah well, that will be enough to get u started. Keep us posted!!

kennethkearney
06-11-2003, 01:10 PM
OK here are some tips...

First, build a max232 circuit
Ah well, that will be enough to get u started. Keep us posted!!

Thanks aussie,

I'm actually using FBUS and with some success but need a bit more help. I've looked at what SMS Manager sends to the phone to set everything up and it sends the following

32 times 0x55, then 0xC1

followed by

0x1E 0x00 0x0C 0x04 0x00 0x06 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x01 0x01 0x40 0x13 0x42

I don't know what exactly this does but it gets a 30 character return message from the phone. I've tried sending this and the phone responds with

0x1E 0x0C 0x00

and that's it. The phone seems to hang when it comes to the MsgType part and doesn't transmit anymore. I know it's the phone from the DestDev, SrcDev characters.

Between the PIC and the phone I just have 3 wires (tx, rx and gnd) with a voltage divider to match up the voltages, PIC16f627 has a 3.5V output so I've brought it down to 3.0V, the phone tx is 2.8V.

Do you know of any reason for this happening?? Help please??

dannysporea
11-11-2003, 12:48 PM
I connected one PIC16F77 to a Nokia 5110 directly, but the microcontroller doesn't recognize the 3V high level of the phone. I can send with the PIC commands to the phone, commands that do not need a response from the 5110 and this works... but I get nothing from the phone.

Does anyone know a simple schematic to convert a 3V high level to 5V without delay (I need 115200 bps communication). Please help !

dr.bizar
11-11-2003, 05:00 PM
http://www.mcselec.com/an_124.htm

This should solve all your problems - i gues

dannysporea
11-11-2003, 05:12 PM
As the f77 has a wide input voltage range. 2 -> 5.5
Just lover your PIC supply voltage (3.3) and there by also the threshold.

It doesn't work ! I already tried that. If I lower the PIC voltage, the PIC doesn't work anymore... I really need 11.0592 MHz for 115200 bps FBUS communication without errors. In the Microchip specifications, for 16F77 the minimum VDD voltage is 4V...

Any other idea ?

Thank you...

dr.bizar
11-11-2003, 05:25 PM
Try usingh a pullup resistor - the phone shouldn't have a problem sync'ing the voltage

dannysporea
11-11-2003, 05:31 PM
Try usingh a pullup resistor - the phone shouldn't have a problem sync'ing the voltage

It doesn't work either. The phone has zenner diodes and the high level doesn't grow more than 3.3 V, and I need minimum 4 V...

I tried also with a two transistor buffer (one pnp and one npn), but I receive garbage (maybe the transistors aren't quick enough or my schematic is wrong... I receive the frame sent by the phone, but not with the good values).

Ice Draagon
12-11-2003, 04:25 AM
Try this one: http://www.mcselec.com/an_124.htm
I haven't tested it though.

aussiet68i
14-11-2003, 12:13 AM
Does anyone know a simple schematic to convert a 3V high level to 5V without delay (I need 115200 bps communication). Please help !

This will work... see attached cct.

aussiet68i
14-11-2003, 12:15 AM
That's what I used to interfact mbus with our 5V TLL output on the micro. Works well, and levels are correct on a CRO. Might need to add cap (100n or so).

mofokent
21-11-2003, 06:50 AM
kennethkearney ( and other ppl trying to do stuff) have you made any progress? got it working yet? i still couldnt manage to do it.

kennethkearney
21-11-2003, 12:21 PM
kennethkearney ( and other ppl trying to do stuff) have you made any progress? got it working yet? i still couldnt manage to do it.

Yeah, It's all working for me now.
Here's what I have:

PIC 16F627 working at 3.5 V
20MHz Oscillator (to run the 115200 baud with 1% error)
Hardware USART set up (just use #use rs232 command with the output pins B2 (Tx) and B1 (Rx) and the chip will automatically use the hardware USART)

After this, it's just a case of using putc and getc to send / receive data:

To initialize the phone, send 0x55 thirty two times followed by 0xC1

The phone won't ACK this but it's set up. Just send your command now.

As for the operation of the PIC and the USART, there's a good discussion forum on:

http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/

That'll sort out anything to do with interrupt driven serial communications.

Oh yeah, you need to do a voltage divider on the PIC's tx pin before it goes to the phone to get it to 3 V. Not sure if the phone will recognise 3.5V

Full list of commands on the Gnokii site

This should be about everything.

Let me know how it goes

KK

mofokent
23-11-2003, 07:28 AM
hi kenneth

I see u have managed toget your thing working. Man i have tried so many things but havent managed to get it to work. As u know im using a different but a simular pic to urs (pic 16f877 @ 4 mhz) and im using assembly to program it.
I was wondering if you could send me ur working code and hardware diagrams that explain how u connected everything (including where u needed voltage dividers)? That would be of a lot of help to me.
Can you please send that to me? email is [email protected]

Thank you.

norfolknchance
29-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Hi mofokent,

How far did you get with your project? Have you any PIC code to do the task?

I am making an embedded system that does intelligent motion detection, however I need a mechanism to alert a user of an intruder, other than an LED or a buzzer.

In short, if you have some code I could referrence your paper/thesis in our report. I dont have time to figure it out from scratch, it would just be a nice value add for our project.

Lloyd

mofokent
01-12-2003, 06:21 AM
didnt get it to work. gave up for now. think i need a faster PIC. maybe ill try later in the year or next year

reltic
01-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Aehm, knows s.o. the pop-clip for Nokias? It works only with 1 47k-resistor and 1 pic (12C509A). This pic doesnt have an uart and works with its int osc (4mhz). And it doesnt use Mbus, it uses fbus (i'm 100% sure!). We need its hex ^^.

mfg

tamethetikbalan
10-02-2004, 09:26 AM
You need to use other phones if you're tryin to send AT commands, because 3310 does not have in-built modem and therefore does not support AT commands. Only supports F-Bus and M-Bus. I had the same problem sending AT commands using hyper terminal but I can connect to logomanager and DCT3 unlocker using the same cable. I tried using T68i and was succesful sending PDU format SMS.

Ant_onio
25-02-2004, 03:34 PM

Hi, I see that you have already worked this out, so I'd dare to ask you
for a bit of help.

I'm trying to get a PIC to talk to a Nokia 3410 over the serial line.
My choice (as yours) of protocol is MBUS. I think I understand
the protocol, and I wrote a simple program for a PC that talks
to the phone. So far, so good.

Next, I try to repeat the same stuff with a PIC. Sure enough I get the
bounced TX (you dont even need a phone on the other side for that) but
no answer from the phone. BTW, I'm just sending the init sequence

1f 00 1d d0 00 01 04 02 d5

The TX from the PIC is the input to the typical 2 transistor driver.
Using a voltage divider the final output swings between 0 and 2.9 V
I dont think that the TX driver is to blame since it works when connected
to the output of a MAX232 (when the PC is doing the talking).

I even went to the trouble to tap the answers from the phone (when
talking to a PC) with the PIC UART and resend them to the PC serial port.
The PC soft kept on working so that it seems that if the phone were
actually sending something the PIC ought to see it.

So I'm stuck. The only thing I noticed was that my PC program could
fail in a slow computer if instead of sending the whole packet to the serial
port I sent it byte by bye:

Write_serial(buffer,n) // This works

for (k=0;k<N;k++) Write_serial(buffer+k,1) // This fails in some computers.

It seems to me that there is a problem with the timings. If the bytes of a
message dont arrive within certain margins the phone could ignore them.

So when I saw your comment about timming issues I thought that you
might have found the same problem.

So my question (at last!), ¿are there some timming rules you have to
comply with? Such as interbyte spacing, all the bytes of a message must
arrive within some time, whatever. Were your timming issues related to
this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Antonio.

pico
03-03-2004, 11:55 PM

]

resources are now in http://www.picogsm.co.uk/ go developer
br

nik_kit
30-09-2004, 09:03 AM
QUOTE=aussiet68i]This will work... see attached cct.[/QUOTE]

I am also trying for the interfacing of mobile with pic using f-bus.
But i am novice in the field. You have mentioned the attached ckt for the same. We cant find it. So please help me.

xx_groovy
12-02-2006, 03:17 AM
hi there guys. i just like to ask where i can get the assembly source code pic interfaced to a gsm phone? or do you have sample codes for this? thanks!

krepos
05-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Please,
was any of you able to get phoneinfo via sending commands like 1e .....?
I mean imei, hw version....

thanks

seaspac
14-12-2006, 08:26 AM
@mofokent...

For more information on nokia DCT3 interfacing plz check out my site
I've made a interfacing tutorial [VB6 though] but it's the same priciple

http://blight.dk/nokia/pcorner/gettingstarted.php

@ NokDoc and Mircea

Hey you 2 love birds cut it out - ;)

This link is not working for me :confused: :confused: :-?