PDA

View Full Version : Putting a nickname on flash files

Kuchster
20-08-2003, 07:58 AM
Would someone be able to explain how i can put my nickname on a flash file to put on my phone?

I saw this done on NokDoc's 7 battery bar flash file, when the keypad is locked the name appears in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Its a 3310 V5.59 flash file.

Kuch

Jecko
20-08-2003, 08:40 AM
wat u saw from that cell was the key bitmap changed to letters..just resize that bitmap longer and draw ur name or whatever u like..

hope this helps..

Jecko
20-08-2003, 08:44 AM
u can use ppmedit or flsedit for that..or even ms paint..save the key bitmap & open it in ms paint then resize it then type ur name then save again...then import it back to the fls file

Kuchster
20-08-2003, 12:23 PM
I got flsedit by joox and edited the 7 bars file by nokdoc as testing.

Every time i save the edited file, i do not get any battery bars on the phone. Why is this? and is there any programs that would stop the bars from disappearing?

The unedited file works perfectly on the phone, but as soon as i save it in flsedit and write it to the phone, it wont work.

Kuch

Unique
20-08-2003, 12:30 PM
I got flsedit by joox and edited the 7 bars file by nokdoc as testing.

So you replaced NocDoc's name with your own? That is wrong... leave his name there, even if its only for testing...

Try another file without trying to take credit for someone's work.

I know it was only a test, but its all the same.

John

Kuchster
20-08-2003, 12:33 PM
You do not understand, it was for a test, and is not staying.

I am learning to edit flash files myself. Its not like im changing NokDoc's name to mine and putting it on everyones phone.

If you can supply another file with 7 battery bars, i will use that, but i haven't found one, so please do not come and abuse me saying that im stealing other peoples work.

Kuch

bobl
20-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Mhm, I think Unique was simply saying it's the principle of the thing, even if you had no intentional of claiming ownership, it's the principle of the thing not to replace somebody elses name.

But it doesn't matter, it's irrelevant :)

I think you should edit a non modified flash first, get used to that mate, editing modified flashes, esp. ones by NokDoc never goes well :D!

Or just create a 7 bar one yourself, it isn't that hard!

(No, I am joking...it is quite difficult :( )

Cheers

Bob

NokDoc
20-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Hi,

For the learning purpose, there is nothing wrong with it. ;)

Use a tool called HexGraph.

Set the start address at 0EE808, the length at 17. (hexidecimal)

Use x=23 and y=7, then the whole logo area should be visible.

Change it like U want, save it, then reflash.

No need for checksum updating, while the file is DeadMcu/ DeadFaid prepared.

For the others,

Thanks.

But I not mind such things myself that much.

The risk of misabuse was not bigger as my fun to share with U guys.

So anyone is free to use whatever he likes.

NokDoc

bobl
20-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Ah, how nice NokDoc ;)

Speaking of which, I am going to go and get hexgraph because Joox's editor can be very slow on a 266Mhz computer :(

Cheers

Bob

Kuchster
22-08-2003, 10:42 AM
I cant figure out how to save a file in HexGraph!

Can someone please tell me how to save the edited fls file?

Kuch