PDA

View Full Version : 8250 (PPM L) translated to Dutch...error!

.::X-Factor::.
15-07-2002, 02:36 PM
Hi y'all, i`m from http://www.salesplaza.nl/ (Dutch mobile forum), and couldn't find a solution for the following problem.

I translated PPM package L version 5.04 with the Dutch and English language, i folowed the steps as described in your manual (download section), fixed CRC and flashed the modified 8250 flash file to my 8250.

I also flashed MCU (also version 5.04) and EEPROM. Next i calculated the FAID and updated the IMEI with severall applications. Eepromtools 3.1, Rolis Nokiatools 1.8, Knok and Nokiatool bij Jordik 3.03.....all without any result, the phone keeps rebooting and has no network. Also resetted all SRS (Factory Settings) stuff.

I hope ne1 can help me out on this one since i`m stuck :*(

Greetz,
.:: X-Factor ::.

p.s. e-mail to [email protected] if you need the flash file for testing or something :D

mandingo
15-07-2002, 08:45 PM
Maybe the dump you use to translate includes eeprom.Then ppmmanager adds CRC checksum at the last 4 bytes of eeprom (it corrupts eeprom) not ppm.Specify if you use a "clear" ppm file or a full dump of 8250.Iīve had the same problem,now i have a fully working 8250 with English and spanish (both with t9 dictionaries) +8310 tones. :-)
Hope it helps
B/R

16-07-2002, 07:56 AM
I downloaded the PPM only from http://nokia.sno.at/full%20flashes/8250/ (temp down). The filesize is 576 kb (unzipped) so it is the PPM file without the MCU and EEPROM i guess. I hope this is what you were trying to say :)

Greetz,

locom
16-07-2002, 07:00 PM
try to use check and fix checksums with knok before flashing .you must emulate communication from desired flash.

works with me

greets
:) :) :)

locom

17-07-2002, 08:35 AM
Tx for the tip m8! But unfortunately it didn't work :(. Some1 is helpin me out at the moment and calculated CRC with another app. I`m gonna test it tonight, and if it worx....i`ll send a post with the solution ;P

Greetz,

mandingo
17-07-2002, 11:02 PM
On certain conditions,and with some files ppm manager can't calculate right crc's for these files.
Make a dump of yur phone from 0x200000 to 0x3D0000,it includes
mcu+ppm (excluding eeprom 0x3D0000-0x400000)
Do calculations on this dump with ppmanager,now you can add,delete or modify any part of ppm and calculate right CRC's.
Why? I donīt know,maybe some ppm floating around are corrupted.It's not filesize related problem,I checked it.

18-07-2002, 12:55 AM
Tx, another guy mailed me the same solution :)....i must say he (Mr. Juan Rodriguez) helped me a lot with solving my problem.

So if i am right i have to do the following steps.

...I want a manipulated flash (8250 v5.04)...

- If my 8250 phone got a v5.02 version, update and fix the GSM to v5.04.
- Then if the phone works fine, make a backup (flashfile) of the MCU and PPM (200000 - 340000).
- Open PPM manager and calculate the CRCs.
- Manipulate the flash...
- Re-calculate the CRCs with PPM manager.
- Flash the file (manipulated flash) to the phone.
- Update FAID, IMEI .....and all usual stuff...and the phone should work.

Pleez correct me if i`m wrong....

Tx for explaining the problem to me and for helping me out.

Greetz,

p.s. If other people want the same flash, can i send them the PPM file only, or do i need to send the whole flash?