PDA

View Full Version : MAD2 Hardware Information

st1
20-08-2003, 10:55 PM
I'm trying to gather up as much information as possible on the MAD2 chip.

I'm hoping to create a website about nokia programming on Linux.

It would be nice if anyone who has info on the MAD2 (especially registers) post it here! :)

BTW I've written a utility that downloads an arm thumb program into the phone via the flasher FBUS/MBUS pins. It runs on Linux and I'll be posting the source once it's been cleaned up.

wumpus
20-08-2003, 11:14 PM
It sounds like you are doing exactly what I am :-)
And you sound like you know what you are doing, nice.

I PMed you a username/password to my site, have fun, and tell me please if you find things out :-)

wumpus
02-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Any success? You seem to have disappeared of the face of the earth :-)

st1
06-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Any success? You seem to have disappeared of the face of the earth :-)

I've been very busy with another ARM-related project lately. However, using the information on blacksphere, I've managed to get the following working so far:

* Written secondary bootloader that downloads code to the phone's RAM via fbus/mbus.
* Initialise the LCD (Philips PCD8544).
* Written proportional font routines for LCD.
* Keyboard interrupt handler and scanning code.
* CCONT read/write routines
* Watchdog timer reset

Support for C and C++ has also been completed (using NewLib) and it's possible to use C++ iostream but memory usage is huge (240K code size increase).

If I can find the time, I'll try to port something like eCos to the nokia. Maybe RTEMS is also a possibility, but I haven't had a close look at it yet.

All of my development has been done on linux, BTW.

eCos -> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/
RTEMS -> http://www.rtems.com/

Regards,
st1

g3gg0
06-09-2003, 03:22 PM
wow u made the same like me and krisha :D
why we cant merge our code?

i sent u username and pass for CVS

Spec
07-09-2003, 11:58 PM
I've tried to find out the port addresses by myself but gave up after a while. Now it seems like you've done it.

A website would be a really good idea because the info it's getting spread the forum threads. A compilation would be best.

On recent topics I've seen info far more advanced than the NoK5rev website which seems to have frozen.

wumpus
08-09-2003, 11:35 AM
There is a website.. blacksphere

It contains a lot of information, the only problem is that I have ample time to do development/documenation AND web design, I need help :-(

But I'll sent you a username/password combi..

wumpus
08-09-2003, 11:58 AM
And please don't do things other people are doing already:
- I'm working on DSP/MDI (Hagar/Cobba/GSM packets!), have made secondary bootloader, interrupt handling, basic CCont and LCD.
My ARM source code is not public yet (soon will be when it does something more impressive).
I have released a simple firmware debug tracer and a code uploader/debug interface though..

- g3gg0 is working on multithreading, has done interrupts/keyboard/watchdog/lcd/sound and stuff and a lot more, download MADOs.

If you want to help me with code do SIMI (SIM interface) :-) I can send you a lot of things I already found out but I never came to experimenting..