PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6510...help!

jerseydevil959
22-08-2003, 07:08 PM
Hi to everybody....I'm new here and I wanted to say that it's really a nice forum this one...and above all useful...
I'm Italian then I'll do my best to be understable but sometime it would happen I won't.....
Anyway I got a big problem I'll hope you can help me to resolve...I have got a Nokia 6510,great phone and display,but I'd like to put on a 8310 cover...I already tried and I saw that it doesn't work directly but something has to be done before...

For what concerns the front cover I think that it has to be cutten something but I'm not very learned on things of this kind then an explication would be appreciated...but there is something which worries me a lot more...the back cover of the 8310 doesn't seem to be inserted properly...then I wonder:is it possible to put also 8310 back cover on 6510 or it is only for the front cover?

I'm sorry again for my little knowledge of the English I really tried my best I hope to solve the problem with your help and sorry even for the length of the post:)

jerseydevil959
22-08-2003, 10:26 PM
I hope someone will answer me because it's a very important deal for me...

totsie
25-08-2003, 03:33 AM
Yes the covers are interchangeable with a bit of trimming.
For the front cover there are two small prongs sticking out of the top inside cover,they need to be trimmed on one side each.
Place the top edge of the cover on the phone and look closely where the two prongs go in,you should be able to tell how much needs trimming.
As for the back cover there are two more parts to be trimmed,but not the ones sticking out
Slightly higher up the cover,the next two bits slide into a slot on the front cover hold both 8310 & 6510 rear covers together & you should be able to see the 8310 catch is slightly longer,trim it to the same as the 6510 and it should fit

Thanh
02-09-2003, 01:07 PM
Hi there :)

@totsie:
your mod takes too many steps and has to be repeated with every single cover someone wants to clip on..... i have an easier way, and tested, it works 100 %!

Remove the front cover, and look at the top side of the phone. You will see there a black plastic thingy sticking out, beside which the two small "prongs" from the front cover will go. Now just take a carpet cutter or other very sharp knife, and cut about 1.5 millimeters off both sides of this black plastic thingy.
This alone makes the 8310's covers fit perfectly on the 6510 with no modification on the cover itself, therefor you can just take ANY cover for 6510, 8310 and 6500 (with flip!) and simply clip them on.
About the back cover, from my experience it should fit with no modification whatsoever, they did so on mine 6510 (see http://aod-thanh.tripod.com/mobile.html for info and pics about my phones), there a 6510 with a 6500 cover on it after my tiny mod. It worked excellent as well as with any 8310 covers.

I hope this was of help.....
Kind regards....
Thanh