Hi guys

My name is chris from Austria and i am new in this "scene"

May someone can introduce me in important things like

a.) What is flashing and wich tools are needet for it,
b.) How to unlock Handys like dct-3 or dct-4 and wich tools will be needet

So, plz help me

Many thanks to all

Hi Chris Welcome to Nokiafree.

Flashing is when you write new software to the phone. to do this you need to find out if your phone is DCT3 or DCT4 (do a search to find out the difference)

if it is DCT3 you can buy a flashing cable fot your phone and use a program like KnoK or similar to flash the software to the phone.

Most network opertators Lock thier phones so that you can only use thier sim cards in the phone, unlocking is the removal of these locks.

if your phone is DCT3 then you have to use a m/fbus cable and some software lile Nokiatool 1.9

if the phone is DCT4 then you can unlock the phone by entering a code Via the keypad. (this also works for DCT3 phones but only the networks have the software to generate the codes, unlicke DCT4 where programs are available on the net)
to get the code to unlock your DCT4 phone:

press *#06# and write down the serial number that is shown, along with the country and network you brought your phone from,post it all in a reply on this thread and I will give you the code to unlock your phone.

sorry I havnt got more time to explain things fully, do a search on the forum to find out which phones are DCT4 and there are a few guides that have been written by forum members that explain how to flash and unlock.

hope this gets you started :)

Dinger3410

Alinus
30-08-2003, 03:56 AM
My friend go and read our FAQ section
Our best members work on some tutorials for newbies:)
good luck !