PDA

View Full Version : prpaiD sim card cloning?is that possible plz read this!



anyaddress
30-08-2003, 09:41 PM
hi all i have a prepaid simcard in which the number of units or minutes i can calL and speak appear in the mobile screen,for example a if i put new card from company a numer 180 appears on my nokia phone screen and then each time i speak this number start to decrease untill it reach to 0 then i cannot make calls

MY QUASTION IS ABOUT RECHARGING PROCESS: I SIMPLY BUY A CARD WITH A 12DIGIT NUMBER , I CAL A COMPANY NUMBER AND ENTER 12 DIGIT NUMER AND THEN I WAIT FOR LESS THAN 1MIN AND I RECIVE AN SMS FROM COMPANY NUMBER TILLING ME THAT MY CARD IS RECHARGED WITH A 180 UNIT,AND THE NEW UNIT NUMBER DOESNT APPEAR ON THE SCREEN ONLY WHEN I RESTART MY PHONE(THATS MEAN THE NUMBER OF UNITS IS STORED IN THE SIM AND EACH TIME I TALK A COUNTER IN THE SIM WILL DECREASE MY UNIT SO THIS MEAN THAT THE SIM IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER SIMCARD WHERE THE UNIT CREDIT STORED IN THE COMPANY COMPUTR),NOWWWW,
THE SMS I RECIVED IS A BLINK MESSEGE AND BY SOME WAY IT ADD THE NUMBER OF UNITS ON MY PHONE(ONLY WHEN I RESTART MY PHONE) ,
IF I CLONED MY SIM THEN I CAN ADJUST THE VLAUE OF ACM(ACCUMALTED CALL METER) AND ITS IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE FREE CALLS
IN MY OPINION I THINK THAT IN THIS TYPE OF SIMCARD BCZ THE NUMBER OF UNITS ARE STORED IN THE SIMCARD CHIP AND ITS RELATED TO ACM !!ANY SUJJESSTION OR IDEAS I WILL BE GRATFULL THANXXXXXX

ekonomi
02-09-2003, 02:28 AM
I've never heard of even a similar story..either way, if you are right you could check to see if there is a file in your sim card that shouldn't be and compare it's contents with a full of credits and an empty from credits sim.

Anyway if the credits are stored in your card (which I'm saying to you I've never heard this before) you should buy/make a smart card reader get the gsm standard 11.11 latest version (i think its 8.xx) from etsi.org or 3gpp.org. That standard describes your sim card, it also shows all the files that exist in your sim, so you should have a list with files and you could search for the file that shouldn't be there or has a name like CREDITS (lol), it would propably be under the DF Telecom file/directory. Anyway..try it and tell us the results.
btw can you tell me where are you from and what network do you use ?

wumpus
03-09-2003, 02:41 PM
This would be excrutingly stupid for a provider to do - you could easily make it look to the SIM as if the blinking SMS was received more times, adding to the credit each time.

And I'm quite sure there is no mechanism SIM<->BS during calls, if it only deducts calls stored by the phone itself you could call for free with a modded firmware. Strange!