PDA

View Full Version : Not Charging!!



JohnH
02-09-2003, 09:23 AM
I Have A 3210 With No Battery That Was Working I Buy A New Battery Stick It In And The Phone Works I Leave It On Charge For 14hrs Now Phone Is Not Working Played About With Charger The Lights Flashed Once Then Changed Charger But Still No Joy Any Idea's :) Thanks In Advance Johnh

TokeiLampin
02-09-2003, 10:36 AM
try to flash the phone if not work try change the ccont ( power ic) maybe you handphone overcurrent

sergo_zmeia
02-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Mr. JohnH get a multimeter and measure the battery voltage if its under 2V the phone cant see the battery..You must charge it manualy with DC power supply...You can check if Your phone is alive with DC power supply too../remember 3210 works with 2.4V/ If its alive try new battery
and if the problem persist than try flashing...
Mr.TokieLampin CCONT has noting to do with charging process..read some more before posting funny things...
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

chunkhead
02-09-2003, 12:44 PM
Open the phone and look very closely at the battery contacts! The 3210 is well known to break the pads from the board! Just pry them lightly, you should see the crack\s and then just solder them! Could very well be your problem! I have encountered this many a time!

JohnH
03-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Thanks Every One For Your Help Phone Now Working 100%

sergo_zmeia
03-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Post the decision please...
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

chunkhead
03-09-2003, 12:44 PM
Thanks Every One For Your Help Phone Now Working 100%

ALWAYS post the solution! Otherwise we end up with useless threads everywhere!

TokeiLampin
03-09-2003, 09:41 PM
hmm... i change the ccont and it fixed the problem that what i tell

JohnH
04-09-2003, 01:59 AM
The Problem Was As Chunkhead Said The Contacts On The Board Sorry About Not Posting Answer Thanks Again Johnh

chunkhead
04-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Always happy to help a fellow Irishman!

TokeiLampin
04-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Congratulations to chunkhead hip..hip horay!!

ZNOD
14-09-2003, 07:46 AM
I thought Mr. Tokeilampin is again going to advice JohnH to desolder and change the power IC and replace his LCD with a new one...

But he advised to change CCONT with a new one...

For Business: (It is a Nice way of advising people .... inorder to earn huge income)

kf86c
16-03-2004, 04:52 AM
Hi, I have a Nokia 6210 which will charge,but not turn on. I have reflowed the entire mainboard, inc, CCONT. it still does the same think ... Any suggestions

danwood76
16-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Change the power switch first of all and then check the fuse is ok

If that doesn't sort it try reflashing your phone
as it could well be a software problem

regards,
Danny