PDA

View Full Version : DCT3 color phone



wumpus
02-09-2003, 10:14 PM
I mean a phone in the DCT3 series with color LCD.
Does it exist?

Yotamz
02-09-2003, 10:36 PM
currently all the color phones are dct4... i think that color screen is one of the things that make a phone dct4.

wumpus
02-09-2003, 10:48 PM
currently all the color phones are dct4... i think that color screen is one of the things that make a phone dct4.
I checked most DCT3 types and indeed was unable to find one with color.. thanks!

GeeZuZz
03-09-2003, 01:33 AM
Theres no DCT-3 phones with:

- Color screen
- GPRS
- Radio?

Nanda
03-09-2003, 03:51 AM
@ GeeZuZz

Maybe the new 2300 is DCT-3 (it certainly looks DCT-3 but then again I'm only saying this based on looks :rolleyes: ).

And it's got a radio. So let's wait and see, the 2300 will be out by the end of the year.



BTW it's just so sad there's no DCT-3 w/ a colour screen... It'd be so fun messing the colours up!

Cheers all,

Thanh
03-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Hi there :)
In my opinion the 2300 IS a DCT-3 - as it not only has no colour screen, but also neither WAP nor GPRS. As far as i know, "DCT-4" is classified as GPRS-models...... so this one should be a DCT-3 :)
It's got a nice "feature" that so many Nokia's (almost all!) lack, and which is just perfect: The power button is on the front, along with the other keys! I loved this feature in my very first mobile phone, which was ages ago the Nokia 1611..... and my yet only Nokia with that function. Specially on the 6610 the power button is a pain in the ass...... small and difficult to press......
Kind regards....
Thanh

qasdfdsaq
06-09-2003, 12:03 AM
I suppose GPRS is the determining factor of DCT-4 phones, as i have seen no DCT3 phones with GPRS or any DCT4 phones without.

However i'd like to point out that colour screens have nothing to do with it as AFAIK the 6310i is a DCT4 phone with standard B&W LCD

GeeZuZz
06-09-2003, 01:23 AM
qasdfdsaq: i know DCT4's have black/white displays (3510, 6510, 8310 etc.)

I meant the opposite: No DCT-3's have color screens!

I'm pretty sure 2300 is a DCT-4. It has radio and polyphonic tones.

BOEBOE
06-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Didn't Nokia 5210 have GPRS?

EDIT: Just checked nokia site, no GPRS.

qasdfdsaq
06-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Didn't Nokia 5210 have GPRS?

nope.


EDIT: Just checked nokia site, no GPRS.

true

:-P