PDA

View Full Version : NFE - nokia dct3 ppm viewer

Rage Steel
19-07-2002, 02:56 PM
Hi, people.

Some days ago i write prog for viewing ppm's of dct-3 phones.

I will happy if you write some about it.

Did anyone interested in future developing of it?

Sorry for my english.

Liam
19-07-2002, 04:19 PM
I cant test it properly as i get 'run time error 200' then program closes because it wont load any of my flashes.

All my flashes are localised for me, so they are A, B, C, and O packs. You have J and M etc, I do not own these for I do not use them.

Perhaps instead of letting it crash, an error message saying flash file not supported.

Also, expand it with the features you say you will in the read me, add support for more flashes and all language packs and also perhaps PPM CRC calculation.

If so, this program could be quite useful.

Regards

Rage Steel
20-07-2002, 03:55 AM
Please specify what phone model and version of PPM you are tried to load. Or simply attach by e-mail (address in about box) me one.

Program is not dedicated for any specific language pack. As I sad in read me, I tried all language packs for 5510 3.53 - all was work fine.

Features.
Currently NFE can:
- show all chunks of PPM;
- show subchunks of mostly chunks;
- show entries of uncompressed TEXT subchunks (UNICODE supported under NT/2000/XP);
- show size and weight of fonts in FONT subchunk;

CRC calculation not yet implanted.

Sorry, I can't develop NFE this weekend - last sources are at my work. I'll be there at Monday, 22.

NokDoc
20-07-2002, 09:22 AM
Hi,

5110-524B
5510-353C
3110-557B

All gave runtime error 220, using WinME.

We'll wait, good & free initiatives are always welcome, thanks.

NokDoc

Liam
21-07-2002, 12:17 AM
I get Runtime 220 error in XP and Me using

5510-353A
3310-557O
3310-503O

Rage Steel
21-07-2002, 06:23 AM
This version of NFE will accept only PPM parts of flash files. Don’t try use full flashes. File must begin with ‘PPM V’.

Liam
21-07-2002, 08:28 AM
Why just PPM parts?

Most of use store flashes as MCU+PPM flashes.

StRanger
21-07-2002, 09:23 AM
hi there

it really works! i've seen russian letters in flash at the first time :grin:

but - why dejan's format? why not wintesla? and why don't use mcu+ppm if you suppose to implement crc calculations?

вообще - класс... crc в принципе и так есть, чем считать, а вот русские фонты - здорово! так козявит каждый раз в ppmmanager ручками править... даешь text edit!

Rage Steel
21-07-2002, 02:37 PM
Why only PPM parts? Simply it was easiest to code. I'm planning to support MCU+PPM and wintesla format. It will be done more quickly if someone gives me more detailed description of wintesla header, and algorithm of finding start of PPM in MCU+PPM.

Today I have those ideas:
As I discovered Wintesla files simply addition have 7 byte header.
When finding start PPM, I think to find "PPM V" signature every 16 bytes.

NokiaPhreak
22-07-2002, 09:31 AM
Hi, Does anyone know what type of font format nokia phone using? TTF or others? Can i use font utility to modify it? if yes, which software I can use, and where can I found one?

Thanks you.

Rage Steel
22-07-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by NokiaPhreak
Hi, Does anyone know what type of font format nokia phone using? TTF or others?
You can find description at http://marcin-wiacek.fkn.pl/english/gsm/dct3/ppm/ppm_font.html

Can i use font utility to modify it? if yes, which software I can use, and where can I found one?
When i tried to serach I not found anyone.

But I written small prog for viewing font (I hope this will be included in next version of NFE). Editing is more harder, becouse i don't now what mean some values of structure.

Liam
22-07-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by NokiaPhreak
Hi, Does anyone know what type of font format nokia phone using? TTF or others? Can i use font utility to modify it? if yes, which software I can use, and where can I found one?

Thanks you.

There is a thread about this called FONT in the general discussion forum - its also got some experimental software to edit the font too.

Here is the thread - take your font questions there please

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t3394/s.html

NokDoc
22-07-2002, 12:16 PM
Nice tool!

It sure looks professional to me.

The 'font picture' is bitmapped.
The tables are the character location and size definitions of the big line of bits which represent the font.
Play the ppmedit tool as by the link from Mr. Liam, U will get a good idea.

My personal advice, if planning on calcs:
- Use always full mcu&ppm.
- Forget about wtsla compatibility, only use Dejan format.

Btw, U know we actually host this site at NokiaFree. :)
http://nokiafree.org/docs/ppm_font.html

Good luck, I can't wait to see what the future will bring...

NokDoc

NokiaPhreak
23-07-2002, 03:24 PM
Actually I have succesful changing the font which the clock using by using winhex and nokhex. But I would like to using a more simple way. I've try ppmedit but I get runtime error, I do using mcu+ppm without chinese font, but also not success, Could anyone please help me, how can I use ppmedit?

Thanks you.

cprafferty
23-07-2002, 11:30 PM
@NokiaPhreak Well if you read the thread you would know that it uses the ppm part of the flash and not anything else at the moment.

cprafferty
23-07-2002, 11:31 PM
@NokiaPhreak Well if you read the thread you would know that it uses the ppm part of the flash and not anything else at the moment.

@Rage Steel

Sweet sweet tool keep up the good work

NokiaPhreak
24-07-2002, 05:47 PM
Well, I also try with ppm part only also getting runtime error. Any idea?

Thanks anyway.

Rage Steel
25-07-2002, 08:28 AM
Currently only dejan supported. :( Don't try Wintesla!

NokiaPhreak
25-07-2002, 02:20 PM
Try only with dejan ppm file also getting runtime error, can anyone show me how can i this program?

Thanks in advance.

Rage Steel
26-07-2002, 10:03 AM
Please specify witch ppm file do you try to open, version/phone of it. I’ll try to fix it in next version.

Schwantz
06-08-2002, 12:01 AM
3310 4.45 100%