CocoRice
03-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know what cellular network Japan uses?
I have a nokia 7210, its tri-band
but i am thinking that it wont work in japan, cuz i dont think japanese cellphone use sim-cards.
what netowrk do they run in ? and what phone works?
Nanda
04-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Does anyone know what cellular network Japan uses?
I have a nokia 7210, its tri-band
but i am thinking that it wont work in japan, cuz i dont think japanese cellphone use sim-cards.
what netowrk do they run in ? and what phone works?
Japan uses three different mobile systems actually.
There's PDC which is a digital standard that uses a TDMA air interface (like GSM, but in a different way). There's a Japan-only CDMA system and there's 3-G WCDMA.
I think an European, Asian or South American GSM phone could only roam in the 3G networks (Vodaphone J-Phone in particular) but you'd need a 3G handset for that.
Hope this helps,
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.