PDA

View Full Version : No Notification emails being sent?

Makeitso
05-09-2003, 02:29 PM
I have the notifications box ticked, but I dont receive any notifications on replies to my threads. I had the 'Allow others to send emails' unchecked, but that shouldnt stop notifications being sent, right?
Anyway, I have checked that box as well just in case, but does anyone know what this problem might be?
Thanks.

Thanh
08-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Hi there :)
I had the very same problem immediately after the forum was running on it's new software, and i found out that notification mails went into the "junk mail" folder of my hotmail account.
Check your junk mail (if you did not set it to "auto delete") and if there is any notification mail, just use the "this is not spam" option (depending on your mail service, in hotmail it is "This is not Junk Mail"). From then on you will again receive them :)
If you have set your junk filter to "auto delete" then deactivate that for a while, untill you receive such a mail again and can put it into the "safe list" (hotmail).
I hope this helps you... it did it for me, since then i can receive the notification mails correctly.
Kind regards....
Thanh

Makeitso
09-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Hi, I don't have auto delete or anti span on right now, and I do receive notifications from other forums that I am a member of. All of them are very similar in the way they work, unless this particular board has something different from other boards that might make my ISP block emails from it?
I don't imagine so, but if anyone who runs the forum might shed some light on this I would be very grateful as it is a pain to have to log on and check for updates every day.
Thanks

XMeTaL
09-09-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm in the same boat as you.Pain in the ass innit? ;)