PDA

View Full Version : Help with phone settings?

silver101
06-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Hey....I thought I would post this here cos you guys seem to know what you are doing
I have a Nokia 3300 phone and I have a registered copy of Ringtone Converter.The thing is,as I am sure you know,that i can't transfer wallpapers onto my phone using the datacable.So i thought i would use Ringtone Converters built in Wap Server to make this possible.
I set it up and it is running fine,I then connect with the phone and it is fine.The problem is that the page shows up only as a text file made up of what looks like HTML(yeah,i know bugger all about webpages either ).I can only assume that somewhere in my phones settings is the problem.Is there anyway to set my phone so that the links to the pictures will show up in a linkable way?Or does anyone have any other suggestions??I would love to be able to make my own wap site...is there any software for doing this that works on "templates" as i have no idea when it comes to HTML

qasdfdsaq
07-09-2003, 01:36 AM
Firstly, WAP and HTML are different. Not completely, but they are. If the WAP server is sending HTML documents to the phone, that may be why it cannot understand it.

Otherwise, you might try opening the images directly (enter the address into the "Open Location/Go To Address" thingy.

Either that or try send a WAP-PUSH message through...

silver101
09-09-2003, 02:06 AM
Oki....its not HTML....I can work out that much...I just meant it looks like HTML to a n00b like me.
Opening the images directly does not work...tried it and it just causes the phone to loose the connection.
Wap-Push message.......I have no idea what that is...care to guide me in the right direction....as long as it is not too complicated and has plenty of diagrams for me to follow :)