PDA

View Full Version : Reading Cobba and Mad contents

fgl30
07-09-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi developers,

Can some one please help me on this? I want to read contents in Cobba and Mad of Nokia TDMA phones, but I donīt have datasheet with complete pinouts of these components.

Thx a lot

wumpus
08-09-2003, 11:38 AM
You cannot read the cobba, Cobba is an ASIC ciruit(=chip) not a program. It does in audio streams and control registers though, and has an ID.

I think you mean DSP rom?

fgl30
08-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Yes, thank you. Can you help me? I think thereīs no complete info about MAD. Did you ever work with TDMA phones?

[], fgl30

wumpus
08-09-2003, 04:09 PM
No I never had one;
Are TDMA phones flashable?
Are they DCT3?

capotixplus
08-09-2003, 06:57 PM
I'm working with TDMA, and yes, they are flasheable, and many are DCT3, only the most new ones are DCT4 (ie: 3320)

The MBUS commands are almost the same, with some variants, I'm compiling a full set with debug/service/testing commands, to post.

Now I'm working with wumpus' code to make it work with TDMA phones (all DCT3)

Thanks, and now: why do you need to read COBBA ?

fgl30
08-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Hi capotixplus, Iīm VERY VERY interested on your job.

They are flasheable, but the problem is NOBODY until now realease update FAID for Nokia TDMA phones. So, no one can flash DCT-3 TDMA (only with original Nokia FLS-2). For Nokia DCT-4, I think Neelix 3 can flash 3320, but no one explain FAID.

Some people (in Sederick forum) are doing some editions in PPM files, like rings, logos, etc. with knok _95_build1a SW, but the reading and writing are unstable. I donīt know about checksums. I think PPM do not need fix cksums, coz no one knows how chksums works. Until now I never get a successfull reading. I allways get "cannot prepare the phone"

My interesting in MAD and COBBA is search any explain to how FAID works in TDMA (but I not a developer, so I want to compare reading files to study).

Do you know NokiaSOC (Mr. Ivaxīs SW)? Is the best DCT-3 TDMA SW I know. It can change some parameters (resets, unlock...) and read and write the complete eeprom area of TDMA phones. I think is a great tool for your studies. If you donīt know, tell me and Iīll send you a copy.

Please, let me know about your work, if you need a beta tester, I can do it for you. I have a lot of TDMA phones here.

[], fgl30

DCT-3 TDMA = 5120, 5120i, 5125, 6120, 6120i, 8860, 8260, 8265, 8265i

DCT-4 TDMA = 1220, 2220, 3320, 3520

paulo_mineiro
08-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Hi fgl30,

You want to calculate Nokia DCT-3 FAID for flashing update.

All DCT-3 I worked has same structure for FAID calculation, only you need is a table for TDMA Nokias. On GSM model you can find on net, I have it. Lets look for TDMA and CDMA, OK.
I think that there is 3 tables for flashing and 3 for ESN/IMEI calculation for each one.

Did you understand?I will write in portuguese to your mail, is easer to explain.

Do anyone have this table to give for us?

Your friend,

Paulo Mineiro

They are flasheable, but the problem is NOBODY until now realease update FAID for Nokia TDMA phones. So, no one can flash DCT-3 TDMA (only with original Nokia FLS-2). For Nokia DCT-4, I think Neelix 3 can flash 3320, but no one explain FAID.

Some people (in Sederick forum) are doing some editions in PPM files, like rings, logos, etc. with knok _95_build1a SW, but the reading and writing are unstable. I donīt know about checksums. I think PPM do not need fix cksums, coz no one knows how chksums works. Until now I never get a successfull reading. I allways get "cannot prepare the phone"

My interesting in MAD and COBBA is search any explain to how FAID works in TDMA (but I not a developer, so I want to compare reading files to study).

Do you know NokiaSOC (Mr. Ivaxīs SW)? Is the best DCT-3 TDMA SW I know. It can change some parameters (resets, unlock...) and read and write the complete eeprom area of TDMA phones. I think is a great tool for your studies. If you donīt know, tell me and Iīll send you a copy.

Please, let me know about your work, if you need a beta tester, I can do it for you. I have a lot of TDMA phones here.

[], fgl30

miami_jeremy
01-12-2003, 06:10 AM
i need good reliable unlocking software and cables for tdma, cdma and gsm.. i pay for the product.

lets talk..

thank you,

jeremy lara

[], fgl30