PDA

View Full Version : 8210 no signal

dead man inc
21-07-2002, 02:46 PM
Hi everyone,after flashing this phone i have no signal,could some one please help.I have flashed full flash and calculated faid but still nothing.I would appreciate any help........

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

=====DEAD MAN INC=====

:)

Kent|
26-07-2002, 03:00 AM
I had the same problem with my 8210, i changed imei, opened ALL locks using XPmobile 2002 (Knok), and restored the factory settings!

But it have language pack C, not A, anyone who got one working fullflash? (Thanks X-factor for the C pack:)

-kent-

[email protected]

.::X-Factor::.
28-07-2002, 10:34 AM
@Kent: No problem m8 ;)

Just flash the C pack to your phone and after the phone works, flash the A pack MCU+PPM to your phone. Calc faid, change imei, restore factory settings, clear locks.

You have to ask kent for the full flashfile though since i haven't got it at the moment. BTW you only have to do the above if you get "Contact Service".

---------------
I just re-read your post and saw that your only problem is not receiving any signal. Does the phone restart as well? Then cal faid....blah....blah. If you had signal problems before, it could be a hardware failure.

dead man inc
28-07-2002, 11:19 AM
@peeps my 8210 prob was the coba...
THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

=====DEAD MAN INC======

:D :D :D :D :D

Kent|
15-08-2002, 01:45 AM
I still have bad signal.. it is there in some minutes, and then disapeer...

When i have signal, i can call and send sms.

What to do? Hardware problems? Where to solder?

-kent-

soapboy
15-08-2002, 10:55 AM
I have the same problem too, i have a fluctuating signal, usually full reception, then nothing, then full.

I flashed my phone to v5.31, and i'm sure it's not an imei problem because it's my phone (unfortunately). I cannot tell if it is hardware or software related, since I flashed the phone at the same time I changed the chassis.

The old chassis gives me the same fault now.

But... everytime I take the fascia off... and then turn on the phone, i get full bars. When I put the fascia on, reception goes.

Any ideas anyone? I may not have correctly flashed my phone, it works great, but could flashing incorrectly lead to faulty signal?

I guess if it ain't broke, don't touch it!

Kent|
15-08-2002, 03:40 PM
Let's bug WTF in hardware repair section with our problem :)

soapboy
16-08-2002, 09:54 AM
I changed the chassis of my nokia 8210 again, and again, and suddenly I had full bars of reception and everything worked great. A few minutes later, I realised I did not put the volume button in, so I took it apart again to give it a volume button.

When I put it together again, the reception was worse than my original problem. I now had reception for only the first few seconds on 1800MHz, and none at all on 900MHz.

So try changing your chassis. If you don't have a spare chassis, try to take apart your currrent one, neaten the internal aerial, and put it altogether again.

Kent|
17-08-2002, 01:40 PM
høh?

How? In the middle? the little sqaure? or up in the antenna?

kent

soapboy
18-08-2002, 03:32 PM
i think the antenna, and the contacts it makes with the PCB are important to neaten. making sure they are in contact has solved reception a few times for me.