PDA

View Full Version : DCT4 unlock by Mbus

guilherme
22-07-2002, 01:26 AM
Hi ppl!
anyone tried this program with dct4 phones?
post results

Iccang
22-07-2002, 03:12 AM
This is an old sw, mate..

DavieB
22-07-2002, 09:19 AM
And it doesn't even unlock by its own - if you would have taken the time to even look at the file you'd know this - before running to the forums waving your arms asking OTHERS to test it for you.
What did you expect? It would kill phones? So you'd ask the forum idiots to test it!

Listen mate - we all do our part. This forum is for those interested in the r&d side of things so if you wont even test a piece of software, or look at back posts (which is really the bit that annoys me) go to a newbie forum where it is acceptable to sit on the sidelines or make wasteful posts.

@Others:
If you think I was harsh - I was. We have too many people doing this and knowing fine well whats going on. This must stop.

Regards

Iccang
22-07-2002, 09:47 AM
@DavieB: Still remember the time we wanna crack the DEJAN 1.02 BOX? Hehehehehe....

We are the old man..... LOL...

guilherme
23-07-2002, 03:01 AM
Hey my friend or whatever u are!
1st go to insult others with that 'newbie' things.
2nd I've Mbus but not cable to a dct4 phone to test.
Well I put a soft in the forum and u talk like this, well if I need to learn some things, u need to grow up to learn how to talk with the others...

DavieB
23-07-2002, 03:25 AM
OH MY GOD!

Are you thick?
Did you ever think:
A. To read back posts and see if people have asked about the same software?
B. Actually extract the archive and look at the readme or even the mail screen of the software?

If you were one of the first to post it, i'd understand and maybe even thank you for tryin - but it gets posted almost every week by people who can't be bothered reading back posts and just want a quick answer..

As I said - other forums find this fine, but in a forum based around development this needless repetition serves to help NO-ONE.

Don't say "I put a soft in this forum" as if your some kind of hero - your not. It's been done by many people before - you didn't make the soft, you simply upped a logger which is all over the net without even taking 2 looks at it (aside from the "DCT4" in the name)

You think being called a newbie is insulting? I think you're the one who has to grow up and realise everyone starts from nothing. Luckily I stubled across a few good sites, and the forums, when I was a newbie - otherwise I wouldn't have got anywhere.
Use commonsense - read back, watch others before diving in and having people blow up at you.
2 days ago I bought Counter-Strike... I can't play the game with much skill yet therefor i'm a newbie (or n00b as they colourfully refer to us!) but with the help of friends I'm learning.
I've never written a line of Java code in my life - therefor I'm a newbie at java.
I wouldn't dream of walking into comp.lang.java newgroups and asking "how do I make a window" - It's a common question obviously asked before - I could read back and find out!
Even If I had a question which might warrant a post on the group - I still wouldn't ask it until I'd done a bit of research and watched others posts and was sure it was a good thing to do.

It's simple netiquette - There's many sites with info on common netiquette. At the risk of further offending you I recommend you skim thru one - It'll save you from many flames like this.

And as for learning to talk to people? I have many friends in the scene - I've given help to, and recieve help from MANY people whom I've gone on to have very good further relations with - yet according to you i dont know how to talk to people!
I run http://www.cellularbase.co.uk/ for the simple reason that starting in GSM can be difficult - If you have a decent base then you'll be able to observe the forums and participate in meaningfull conversation

@Anyone else reading:
As I said before - I may be being a little harsh but those who know me well enough know I get on with people very well.
I am just sick and tired of people running to more r&d type places like this forum with old software or old answered questions without reading back a page or two or watching normal conversation on the medium.
I do not have anything against newbies - infact I get around 10 emails per day from newbies with questions, I try to answer all of them (time permitting) with as detailled a response as possible (although I admit it isn't always possible)

I just think that, as most of you will agree I'm sure, that we ourselves had to learn by testing software, WATCHING the boards, reading back a good few hundred threads for a few hours (this could gain you invaluable knowledge) and reading all info on websites you can find... Why don't todays newbies do this too? I admit, some do and very quickly gain knowledge and skill - and become an increasingly integral part of the scene but the majority of todays newbies dont bother even trying - they expect every answer to be presented them on a plate (so to speak)

-

Flame me all you want on this one - but this is my opinion (and I believe that of others tho I would never presume to confirm this without knowing for sure) and will not change..

Best Regards,
David C. B.
CellularBase

phonedudes
23-07-2002, 09:48 AM
@ Way to go DavieB:
I see someone finally vented on one of the repetitive threads that like you said would of been answered had people taken the few minutes to look.
Maybe we need to dup this post in the Windls thread that I am sure everyone including LIAM has to be getting frustrated with!
Even though the very first thread under Software states Windls 3.5 NO KEY REQUESTS and direct links to ALL the software to make your own. Someone posts a new thread with Name and Hardware Id requesting a damn Key code!

@ To all:
Hats off to all that contribute so WE ALL including those Newbies can gain information quickly because if we need answers thats one thing great about this forum is you dont have to sift through repetitive posts stating the same old questions asked in tons of threads prior.

Phonedudes

@P.S. DavieB -- Havent we seen you on 'Lazy Newbies Gsm Forum' asking those same questions??? Joking.. Just joking :)
Then again maybe we should say HEARD about you asking those ?'s

Liam
23-07-2002, 03:20 PM
Thanks phonedudes

the best part is, idiots with 1 or 2 posts are now using the report button to request thier serial numbers from within that thread, which goes to all moderators and admin

xxxxx ( mailto:[email protected] ) has reported this post:

http://www.nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?postid=15574#post15574

This is part of this thread:
I Need Ky For Windls 3.5
http://www.nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4083

This is the reason that the user gave:
my name is fouad
and my Hardware fingerprint: CC4D-B271

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

This is part of this thread:
WinDLS 3.5 Key Gen [NO REQUESTS]
http://www.nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3252

This is the reason that the user gave:
Hi... Deadman please generate a key:
Name: Tonny
Fingerprint: 1742-64E7
Thank you very much

etc etc

3 or 4 a day....

All newbies, they dont bother to read - if you want to talk about general chit chat or learn absolutly nothing about mobile phones, find another forum

Thanks

DavieB
23-07-2002, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the support guys... Thought I went insane for a moment there!

:D

Liam
23-07-2002, 03:53 PM
on your side 100% mate

look how many closed threads/edited threads in the software forum for windls - its just stupid!

guilherme
23-07-2002, 09:10 PM
Well liam I hope u understand my position.
Sorry if someone don't like me, I didn't mean to cause so much talk about newbie on the forum, well Mr D I don't Write programas with this propuse, only simple programas to be useful in my day, but I take your post serious and I don't like it, U can see some diferences.
Well I think I explain my self about not testing the program, I don't have cable to test dct4 phones, not heven to resent security code, but I've a Mbus, flasher and a Dejan.
Well if u post make another post like that it's dificult, I don't like my self, newbie, well in irc on ptnet in #telemoveis like #mobilephone in English u see such things u don't believe it: ' Can anyone give me the code to unlock nokia 3310 pvt fast'.
What u say about this? I need to cal him newbie?
Well anyway sorry about this post, like u said I'm a newbie at dct4, one day I'll grow up and be like u:).

SOrry about the mess!