PDA

View Full Version : Model5120 Type NSC-1Nx

grateful
10-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Looking to unlock the phone
I do not have an IEMI (15 digit Code).
After removing the battery to view the information.
The following is displayed:
Model:5120 Type: NSC-1NC
ESN: 23511507870
Code: 0502211JG

The SP is: Rogers AT&T CANADA 30272

Perhaps the ESN # is part of the IEMI
and the other 4 digits are to preceed
this number.

When I turn on the phone and key in
*#06# nothing happens, I do not get the
IEMI number. Instead the phone acts like
it is waiting for me to press 'send' , as in to
make the call.

Help Please and thank You!

Yotamz
10-09-2003, 06:40 PM
5120 is TDMA, not GSM.

tdma phones don't have an imei number...but, they also don't have a simcard, so what do you want to unlock it for?

"unlocking" = making the phone accept any simcard inserted, if your phone don't have a simcard, what would be the point in unlocking it?

grateful
10-09-2003, 07:39 PM
5120 is TDMA, not GSM.

tdma phones don't have an imei number...but, they also don't have a simcard, so what do you want to unlock it for?

"unlocking" = making the phone accept any simcard inserted, if your phone don't have a simcard, what would be the point in unlocking it?

Thank You for your response, I do appreciate it. First off, I am not sure exactly what a sim card is.

As it is now, the phone is locked into one service provider, and with that means that I can only purchase cards that are supportive with this provider. Pay as you go card prices varying and they also change with the competition.

The only true benefit would be that I could purchase 'any' pay as you go card if I could unlock the phone. One can switch service providers, but for a fee, everytime I "wanted" to switch, I would have to pay the fee, so comparing and shopping does not pay off.

So I guess that It be best that I look at getting a phone with a sim card.
Any thoughts on what type.

Also, I guess if I am to get a new phone, if you think that having this 5120 would benefit you, I could give it to you, (post it to you)
Again thank you for your time and information.

rossy_boy69
11-09-2003, 02:53 PM
Thank You for your response, I do appreciate it. First off, I am not sure exactly what a sim card is.

As it is now, the phone is locked into one service provider, and with that means that I can only purchase cards that are supportive with this provider. Pay as you go card prices varying and they also change with the competition.

The only true benefit would be that I could purchase 'any' pay as you go card if I could unlock the phone. One can switch service providers, but for a fee, everytime I "wanted" to switch, I would have to pay the fee, so comparing and shopping does not pay off.

So I guess that It be best that I look at getting a phone with a sim card.
Any thoughts on what type.

Also, I guess if I am to get a new phone, if you think that having this 5120 would benefit you, I could give it to you, (post it to you)
Again thank you for your time and information.

what exactly do you mean i will have the 5120 if you want to give it away please P.M. me or email me at [email protected]

Yotamz
11-09-2003, 04:03 PM
a sim card is a small electronic card that is inserted into the phone, usually under the battery. the sim card holds your identity in your network, sms messages, phone book and other stuff..

a gsm phone can't work without a sim card.

your phone doesn't have a sim card because it uses different technology (called tdma), not because it is old or something.

grateful
11-09-2003, 06:05 PM
a sim card is a small electronic card that is inserted into the phone, usually under the battery. the sim card holds your identity in your network, sms messages, phone book and other stuff..

a gsm phone can't work without a sim card.

your phone doesn't have a sim card because it uses different technology (called tdma), not because it is old or something.

THANK YOU YOTAMZ!