PDA

View Full Version : Some help to a newbie... :)

WiNuX
22-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Hello everyone,
This is my first post here and I'm actually new to all these things (unlocking, flashing etc).

I'm about to buy some datacables for Nokia 3330, 8210, 8310/6510 (3 different cables) and wanted to ask what the diffecerence between these cables (F/MBUS) and the Flash cables is.

What do I need a Flash cable for?

If I have a phone that's sim locked (askes a security code after typing the pin) can't I unlock it using logomanager (by viewing the security code of the phone and entering it).

Is the flash cable only to flash a phones memory with new firmwares etc? What other advantages has flashing? I suppose it's like formating a hard drive for a phone.

What's the price for a DCT3 flash cable (I heard that DCT4 cost about $300+)?

I have a Nokia 6510 and found a software called "SP Repair by Log for Nokia DCT4 phones v1.00 by Dejan Kaljevic 2002". Do I need a flash cable or a f/m bus cable to use it?

What about parallel port cables? What's the use of them and why do they connect to LPT port? "Nokia DCT3 flasher by rolis" uses LTP cables? Are all flash cables parallel ones?

And a last question.. what is a partial flash? eg. theres a partial flash for the nokia 3330 v305... does this mean that this file includes only the differences between v305 and the previous one?

A lot of questions at once, I know...... :)
I'm just trying to avoid buying cables I wont need... :)

Thank you in advance,

WiNuX

bisdak
25-07-2002, 06:22 AM
buy flasher cable and mbus cable that what you need. search and read in this forum and you will learn:rolleyes:

Liam
25-07-2002, 09:09 AM
Buy a flasher cable and a datacable convertor to use the different heads for each phone.

Dont bother with DCT4 stuff yet, you are a newbie, and DCT4 is delicate, we dont want people messing phones completely.

Dont bother with partial flashes that is 2001 unlocking solutions...

All your other questions... just go through the entire forum before posting any question as many of them are allready answered MANY TIMES.

Just spend an hour or so going through the forum and reading, dont post, just read, then when you feel you have gained more knowledge, post sensible questions so to save a flame from some of the other members and moderators.

Welcome to the board