PDA

View Full Version : 6800 is unlockedd but no service..

maani
10-09-2003, 09:55 PM
hi great brains, i got a nokia 6800 AT&T, it was locked and got the code from this forum which worked great but now i have a new problem as i told u nokia 6800 is frrom USA AT&T and now i m in UAE(Gulf, Dubai) so after unlocking the phone i tried a simcard of UAE but there is no signal means no service. but i still can see my contacts and messages saved on my simcard.
PLZ help me abt this too, how can i get the service provider signals.
waiting for the help,
keep this forum up its a great help to pplz. good luck

Yotamz
11-09-2003, 04:11 PM
this is a known problem with the 6800.

nokia made two version of the 6800, one was meant for the U.S market, and one for the european market (the european version is also for the rest of the world).
the u.s version works with 850/1900 MHz frequency, and the european version works with 900/1800 MHz frequency.

you can't get signal, because the phone (u.s version) and the network in dubai use diffrent frequencies, and phisically they can't communicate.

maani
11-09-2003, 07:28 PM
this is a known problem with the 6800.

nokia made two version of the 6800, one was meant for the U.S market, and one for the european market (the european version is also for the rest of the world).
the u.s version works with 850/1900 MHz frequency, and the european version works with 900/1800 MHz frequency.

you can't get signal, because the phone (u.s version) and the network in dubai use diffrent frequencies, and phisically they can't communicate.

hi,
thankx a lot for the information, so it looks like there is no way to use this 6800 in dubai.

rossy_boy69
11-09-2003, 07:36 PM
hi,
thankx a lot for the information, so it looks like there is no way to use this 6800 in dubai.
maybe you can get a european firmware and flash it to yours any ideas on this guys or is it restricted hardware wise?

Yotamz
12-09-2003, 12:43 AM
frequency is in the hardware, a firmware flash won't help.

i don't understand why nokia did this, this is the only model that has two versions that are different in hardware, and both have the same name (6800)..