PDA

View Full Version : dead 8210

virus
23-07-2002, 12:01 AM
hi..

i have some problems with my 8210.. i hope that someone out
there know how to fix it.

when i switch the phone on i get no signal. it gets a signal for 2 seconds and dissapears again.
i have tried to uppgrade it but i dont work.
i also have some troubles with my LCD but i think its hardware problems.

regars
//virus

LEE
23-07-2002, 02:08 AM
as im sure most people will tell u mate, u need to upgrade the faid.

but saying that........... i have had an 8210, and i had exactly the same problem, and i tried evrything on the software side but it turned out to be a hardware problem

Manipulator
23-07-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by virus
hi..

i have some problems with my 8210.. i hope that someone out
there know how to fix it.

when i switch the phone on i get no signal. it gets a signal for 2 seconds and dissapears again.
i have tried to uppgrade it but i dont work.
i also have some troubles with my LCD but i think its hardware problems.

regars
//virus

gets a signal----do you try to do a unlock using nokiatools.
try to upgrade it agian maybe is you flasher have bad connection,
LCD problem----- do you ever open you 8210 to service/see what inside. maybe you phone is not screw properly.

all this is only my point of view,i'm not sure it is right to fix your problem.

good luck

andywong
23-07-2002, 10:21 PM
Just now i tried to flash 2 8210 phones. Luckily i able to make a full flash backup of 8210. let's begin
after i flash both of the 8210. Both of the mobile can operate. But have the same problem with urs. The signal is very very weak and almost no signal. then the screen LCD become very blur and almost can't see. still not yet confirm what's the problem. After that, i flash both of the 8210 with the backup flash file. unfortunately, one of the 8210 can operate normal and another one still got the problem with da signal. when i calculate faid and set imei. i found out both of the phones got the same imei number. I think maybe the imei number should match your phone to avoid the signal problem. hope this help. Anyway... please correct me if i was wrong. thnks.

Manipulator
24-07-2002, 06:46 AM
althought i never test it before,but i don't think that that the same imei on two or more phone will cause the signal problem.
if you say that two simcard that same have same imei put in two phone and on it,than it wil have signal problem it still logic.:D :confused:

all this is only my point of view.

virus
24-07-2002, 07:35 PM
the imei i use is the one that is under the battery.
i think that the signal problem can be hardware related, because i throw it on the floor once and got some signal.
then it just dissapeard after a minute..

thank you guys for trying to help me..

regards
//virus

Manipulator
25-07-2002, 07:41 AM
:D :D throw it few more time lah ,,hehe.
:rolleyes:
unscrew your phone , clean it , screw it back.

gets a signal----do you try to do a unlock using nokiatools.try to upgrade it agian maybe is you flasher have bad connection,
LCD problem----- do you ever open you 8210 to service/see what inside. maybe you phone is not screw properly.
:cool:
hope this can work.:p :p

victor
25-07-2002, 10:35 AM
hmm, Manipulator was rite. Try to use nokia tools by rolis ver.1.8 to change the imei, clear sp lock and update faid.

LCD - did you unsrew your phone b4? if yes, please check your LCD connector which is small rubber that attach behind the LCD. Try changing it. It will work!

No Signal - try to put other FULL FLASH back to your phone, maybe u would like to conside putting it to a lower version ............... or just flash back your old baackup flash!

Anyway write a full flash back to the phone and it might probaly works!:)

andywong
25-07-2002, 02:12 PM
Erm... let's see...
i got 2 8210 now and both of it are running the fullflash from one of the phone. The original 8210 with its original fullflash can work properly with correct imei number. But the other 8210 which i flash it with full flash from the other phone can't work properly. What i mean here is no signal. Then LCD problem. I try to downgrade the s/w version.. then it function well... full bar of signal but the weakness is i can't add song to the s/w.
Anyone know how to add tones to 0526nsm3.mcu + 0526nsm3.k ?
i try to open both of the files with ringtone manager and ppmmanager also
but can't open it :(
please.. any suggestion?

victor
26-07-2002, 03:31 AM
Well u can try to add the ringtones to a flash with PPM Manager or Ringtoneman.

What you will have to do i just read the flash from 20000 to 40000 and then modify it with the programs stated up there.

If you are using NK_f104, you can now convert the fls file back to flash.bin and put it bact to NK_files directory.

Then run Nk_f104, press F3 to split the files.

Flash in back to your 8210............ it works for me.

virus
28-07-2002, 04:51 PM
i tried to change imei, calc faid, checksum and flashed all kinds of files into the phone but still no signal :/
does anyone now what kind of problem it could be.
if its hardware problem, do i have to change the whole phone or just buy new parts ?

regards
//virus

Manipulator
29-07-2002, 11:02 AM
do you do a unlock using nokiatools or other tools that can make unlock.

Manipulator
29-07-2002, 11:06 AM
what program you use to flash your phone,
and the flash is in what format is it in dejan flash .fls or in wintesla.
try to flash your phone with rollis4.78 and the flash file in .fls format.

good luck.

victor
31-07-2002, 03:51 AM
Erm............ maybe you should try to repair your hardware if this matter happen.

You can try to Change the P.A. or filter (have test 1st) coz sometime these both ic. coz no signal.

##Try to get it fix from any mobile shop, i don't really think you can manage how to change it##

virus
06-08-2002, 10:47 PM
have tried everything..
and they take too much in charge for reparing it so i just let it be like it is..

regards
//virus

InStAnT_MoMeNtS
08-08-2002, 06:26 AM
I had the very same problem with my 8850

i flashed using the wrong language pack, i used a european one instead of the language pack L for Asia (Australia)

Turns out its turned on ok but i had no reception

There is a PDF floating around telling you what language pack you should use...

However if you use a flash from a previous phone i dont see why it shouldnt work

instead of upgrading the firmware have you tried dowgrading?