PDA

View Full Version : 3410 Imei Number

Hot-Kid242
11-09-2003, 06:57 PM
Hello,
I bought a phone at a boot fair and when i put the orange sim card in it says "Sim Card Regastration Failed" i was wondering does anyone now ho to change the imei number? if you do could you please email me on [email protected]

BOEBOE
11-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Hello,
I bought a phone at a boot fair and when i put the orange sim card in it says "Sim Card Regastration Failed" i was wondering does anyone now ho to change the imei number? if you do could you please email me on [email protected]

Yes it's possible!

And search in the forum!

marky752000
11-09-2003, 07:20 PM
And it's illegal in the UK

BOEBOE
11-09-2003, 07:21 PM
And it's illegal in the UK

Yes, also true..

But who's gonna find out that you've changed your IMEI??

Hot-Kid242
11-09-2003, 11:08 PM
Yes, also true..

But who's gonna find out that you've changed your IMEI??

But its for my mate.
Does anyone now hot to solve the problem leagly though?

James Watt
11-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Hello,

Beware! Methinks the phone you bought is Stolen!
IMEI Numbers are unique to a phone. Changing it is illegal, also you may well have it changed for one that belongs to someone else. Networks check these numbers for obvious reasons.

Orange is the favourite network thieves use, because for some reason they take longer to block them.

Take it back to the person you bought it from, and demand a refund.

Just thought I'd offer this info'

Regards from James Watt

Hot-Kid242
11-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Hello,

Won't Try That then didn't now it was illeagal!

BOEBOE
11-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Won't Try That then didn't now it was illeagal!

Just relax!

Nobody will find out!!

ZNOD
14-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Nobody will know it (even your phone and network provider) about that IMEI change, as long as you and your friend will NOT tell anybody, that will be your phone's dark secret.

* If you already changed your IMEI, do NOT mention specific information because this is a public forum, an authorized phone dealer in your area may know your phone's secret.

sergo_zmeia
15-09-2003, 03:30 PM
You can put a IMEI from a broken phone....Than You will not have any problems..
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

asgaardro
18-09-2003, 02:51 AM
Hello,
change the imei nobody will care !!!
and set faid and all should be ok
it is you're phone nobody can scan for changed imei

slikmik
19-09-2003, 03:14 PM
change the imei nobody will care !!!
and set faid and all should be ok
it is you're phone nobody can scan for changed imei

did a little test a few months back and had methinks 6 or so phones around the UK with the SAME imei - none of us had any "problems" like calls from operators or barrings or anything

Change it who cares - and if they ring up simply say u got it from a jumble sale like that - simple ;-)

Mike