PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6800 AT&T no signals in Dubai(UAE)

maani
11-09-2003, 07:43 PM
hi all,
i got a nokia 6800 AT&T phone, it was locked got it unlocked after getting the code from this forum(Thankx to this forum) but now i m havin a one more tension with my nokia 6800 that its not getting service provider's signals in Duabi.
so i wanna know if any genius is having any soloution abt that?
and what is the security code to restore factory settings of this nokia 6800, and will it effect its frequency range bcause i came to know that nokia 6800 is having dual frequency mode in it.
plz help me out and solve my tension.
thankx

ycrazyy
11-09-2003, 09:39 PM
maani, you are correct that the 6800 is dual-band, but it is NOT tri-band. You should make sure that the providers in Dubai are not using a different frequency range. I know for a fact that the 6800 will not work in the UK because of this same problem (different frequencies). Hope this helps

Thanh
12-09-2003, 12:16 PM
Hello :)

Nokia has two different versions of this phone in the market...... one for northern america, other for the rest of the world.
Both are dual-band but they use different bands! The northern american version (which you have) works on

GSM 850 and GSM 1900

while the other one (which you would need in UAE) works on

GSM 900 and GSM 1800

So unfortunately you can not use that phone in UAE, not even unlocked....... sorry, but that's a fact......

Kind regards...
Thanh