PDA

View Full Version : Keypad lock

saxoking
14-09-2003, 03:18 AM
Hi Guys,
Is there anyway when you have the keypad lock on a 3310 to stop being able to press the emergency numbers.What I mean is when the keylock is on and the phone is in my pocket,the numbers sometimes get pressed.
Cheers :)

ZNOD
14-09-2003, 03:59 AM
If you are asking on how to lock the keypad of your 3310 and any Nokia Phones, follow these sim

1. Press the send/receive button of your 3310
2. Press the * button

There, keypad lock is NOW activated, it doesn't make any unnecessary phone calls etc. when you put it in your pocket.

To Unlock your phone's keypad, do the same procedure of locking your phones keypad

sirpaul1
14-09-2003, 12:30 PM
There is an old program that will take the emergency 999 bypass off your 3310 i think it's the netmonitor thing for logomanager that also let you activate the hidden game on a 3210

saxoking
14-09-2003, 01:35 PM
@sirpaul1
I didnt think you could get netmonitor on a 3310.
Cheers

saxoking
14-09-2003, 01:38 PM
@ZNOD
If you press menu then * to put keypad lock on,you can still press the 9 three times then call will appear.
Cheers

saxoking
14-09-2003, 05:05 PM
@ZNOD
I know what you mean about the keylock its the same as I said earlier,but when the keylock is on you can still press 999 then call appears on the screen and if you press call by accident you get straight through to the emergency services.
You can still call the emergency services like that in the UK.

TokeiLampin
16-09-2003, 08:55 PM
try to flash that phone to the new one maybe the flash u use now have problem coz i try all the 3310 version there cannot press all the key and it show prees menu and * to unlock and that true like znod said u can enable the netmonitor in all nokia phone with code and use data cable and program like logomanager or flasher

bobl
16-09-2003, 09:55 PM
As far as I'm aware, all Nokia's have this "feature":

Lock your keypad
Press 999 or 112 (112 is the international emergency number).
The phone keypad lock will mysteriously disappear and allow you to press the call button.

This isn't very good on Nokia's part, I can see why they do it (To allow anyone to call, even if they don't know how to unlock the keypad on a 3310), but it's annoying and costing the emergency services time and money.

Therefore, updating flashes is unlikely to help, you would have to mod the flash to remove the feature ;).

Cheers

Bob

Crux
18-09-2003, 01:18 AM
Netmonitor can be activated on 3310 using logomanager and nkprofile but sirpaul is giving a different answer to your question.

To Lock Your Phone's Keylock Follow These:

1. Press the send/receive button - The Phone Book Must Appear.
2. Quickly HIT the * key - You must see the KEYPAD LOCKED message
3. Try pressing any key, the message you should receive must be "PRESS * Then Unlock"

That should work. It's just the same to what I have posted eariler

that's not what he wants

he knows how to lock keypad

he wants to remove emergency number avaiablity when keypad is locked so that he don't press 112 accidentaly

right?

asgaardro
18-09-2003, 02:43 AM
Hi Guys,
Is there anyway when you have the keypad lock on a 3310 to stop being able to press the emergency numbers.What I mean is when the keylock is on and the phone is in my pocket,the numbers sometimes get pressed.
Cheers :)
u can't do remove emergency call when keypad is locked

bobl
18-09-2003, 10:03 AM
u can't do remove emergency call when keypad is locked

Of course you can. Why shouldn't there be? It's part of the MCU code, you can change the MCU code, therefore you can remove the emergcy call feature when the keypad is locked.

The fact that nobody has changed it yet is irrelevant, I'm working on another demo, but maybe after this one I'll take a look at it ;)

I'm not saying it's easy though...

Cheers

Bob

saxoking
18-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Thanks guys for your replies.
Another problem is you can press any button to get the light when you have'nt got the keypad lock on but when you put the keypad lock on and press any button there is no light. Not a lot of good in the dark are they lol.
thanks again

ZNOD
19-09-2003, 10:31 AM
TO SAXOKING:
The Lights won't Turn ON because the keypad is locked, you have to memorize the sequence inorder that you can enable the keypad lock that will enable the phone's light to turn on when you're in the dark.

*Additional Info. To All: The emergency numbers is a NETWORK/Phone feature on any phone in European countries (even US), and that feature is NOT available for ASIA phones. (including other areas, because in our area there is no 999 or any emergency call feature that will disable the keypad lock mode)

TO THE MOST GREAT, MOST HONORABLE AND MOST RESPECTABLE CRUX2002:

that's not what he wants

he knows how to lock keypad

he wants to remove emergency number avaiablity when keypad is locked so that he don't press 112 accidentaly

right?

You don't have the authority to say "THAT'S NOT WHAT HE WANTS" because you are NOT the one asking for help. If he really knows how to do the basic keypad lock, he should have told me because he can distinguish it right? and have not tried that "dumb" advice that I gave. Because as you said he already knows how to lock, right?. And why is he still asking that the lights won't turn ON when the keypad lock is enabled when he really knows how to do it and use it? Right?

Also, why did you still post? You have already read that UK phones emergency calls cannot be removed on this phones, or you just posted just to show how dumb am I? Right?

Go on, make a new thread type it in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS and tell them about that.
(I will even request the moderator to make that thread sticky so that many viewers can know that ZNOD is DUMB) Right?

It doesn't matter and affect me anyway.

Have A Good Day! Expecting Your Post Soon.

slikmik
19-09-2003, 03:10 PM
TO SAXOKING:
The Lights won't Turn ON because the keypad is locked, you have to memorize the sequence inorder that you can enable the keypad lock that will enable the phone's light to turn on when you're in the dark.

*Additional Info. To All: The emergency numbers is a NETWORK/Phone feature on any phone in European countries (even US), and that feature is NOT available for ASIA phones. (including other areas, because in our area there is no 999 or any emergency call feature that will disable the keypad lock mode)

TO THE MOST GREAT, MOST HONORABLE AND MOST RESPECTABLE CRUX2002:

You don't have the authority to say "THAT'S NOT WHAT HE WANTS" because you are NOT the one asking for help. If he really knows how to do the basic keypad lock, he should have told me because he can distinguish it right? and have not tried that "dumb" advice that I gave. Because as you said he already knows how to lock, right?. And why is he still asking that the lights won't turn ON when the keypad lock is enabled when he really knows how to do it and use it? Right?

Also, why did you still post? You have already read that UK phones emergency calls cannot be removed on this phones, or you just posted just to show how dumb am I? Right?

Go on, make a new thread type it in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS and tell them about that.
(I will even request the moderator to make that thread sticky so that many viewers can know that ZNOD is DUMB) Right?

It doesn't matter and affect me anyway.

Have A Good Day! Expecting Your Post Soon.

Hey come on Znod keep your hair on buddy we're all friends here im sure he didnt mean anything by it

Closing thread because i dont want this thread to start a fight.
Any regarding the keypad lights simply press the power button and the phone will light up.

Regards
Mike