PDA

View Full Version : Standby time problem-Flasher connections

blitz
24-07-2002, 09:23 AM
Recently i bought a used 6210 impressed of the specs and the comments i had read about it. I was unpleasantly
surprised when the high expected stundby time was in practice slightly more than 2 days. Checking the battery for
capacity was ok and after buying a new one i verified that battery was not the problem. Network was not the problem
either since signal is full and netmonitor gives me less than 70 db of signal strength. Also the standby
consumption according to netmonitor is 5 mA which is in question since i measured bursts of 30mA every2
seconds with the average current more than 10 mA for sure, totally reasonable considering the standby time. And
here we are... i am thinking of a firmware upgrade as it is the only thing that comes to my mind even if the one it
has (5.27 f) is close to latest. I hope it is not a hardware problem, this N102 IC as the troubleshooting guide
proposes. Any suggestions, info, comments, related with all these are most welcome.
Also the connections from dejan flasher (with 74hc14) to 6210 is not clear to me (btemp?? vcc is needed?) not to
mention the functionality of this flasher related with phone and fimware version so if anyone can help me with
more info i would apreciate.
Thanks...