Stylo
14-09-2003, 10:16 PM
Nokia 6610

firmware v.4.74

IMEI: 350894309589242

Provider: T-Mobile (USA, New England)
Provider Code not determined, but from my homework is most likely 31020

Thanks so much for this service!

Funny enough, at first I thought this phone was unlocked, as it accepted my UK Virgin Mobile prepaid SIM with no complaints.
No go for other SIMs, however.

inderinderinder
14-09-2003, 11:45 PM
Nokia 6610

firmware v.4.74

IMEI: 350894309589242

Provider: T-Mobile (USA, New England)
Provider Code not determined, but from my homework is most likely 31020

Thanks so much for this service!

Funny enough, at first I thought this phone was unlocked, as it accepted my UK Virgin Mobile prepaid SIM with no complaints.
No go for other SIMs, however.

Try: #pw+835411567326312+1#

Stylo
15-09-2003, 04:58 PM
Thank for the speedy reply!

Unfortunately, the forum went down before I could pick up your post, so I went ahead and tried calculating the unlock codes for myself last night.

Short version: all worked perfectly; T-Mobile USA code of 31020.

Long version: after doing a little more homework, it seems best to try the #7 unlock code first. This should open ALL the locks, whereas if you use the #1 code first, opening any locks other than the basic SIM-lock may become more complicated. The #1 code provided in the post above is the same as the one my calculations produced.
Looking in other forums, I see others having trouble when using T-Mobile USA codes other than 31020. Many lists of provider codes omit this number, and list multiple 6-digit codes, but it seems they are not the codes which T-Mobile USA uses for SIM-locking.

inderinderinder
15-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Thank for the speedy reply!

Unfortunately, the forum went down before I could pick up your post, so I went ahead and tried calculating the unlock codes for myself last night.

Short version: all worked perfectly; T-Mobile USA code of 31020.

Long version: after doing a little more homework, it seems best to try the #7 unlock code first. This should open ALL the locks, whereas if you use the #1 code first, opening any locks other than the basic SIM-lock may become more complicated. The #1 code provided in the post above is the same as the one my calculations produced.
Looking in other forums, I see others having trouble when using T-Mobile USA codes other than 31020. Many lists of provider codes omit this number, and list multiple 6-digit codes, but it seems they are not the codes which T-Mobile USA uses for SIM-locking.

Im glad it got sorted either way.

U.S.A does not support code seven in general, so that won't work... use code one... your information is pretty correct, but some flaws, you can still open other locks after using code1 should you have to, but in most cases there is no need.

T-Mobile has many codes depending on phone type and area of the U.S.A, the better calculators have this documented.

Stylo
16-09-2003, 05:28 AM
Im glad it got sorted either way.

U.S.A does not support code seven in general, so that won't work... use code one... your information is pretty correct, but some flaws, you can still open other locks after using code1 should you have to, but in most cases there is no need.

T-Mobile has many codes depending on phone type and area of the U.S.A, the better calculators have this documented.

Thanks for the correction. I've done yet more reading, and I see that the information I had picked up about the order of unlocking was flawed.

Nonetheless, it was code 7 that I used, and only code 7 -- and it did work in this instance.

inderinderinder
16-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Good luck with your 'learning', I see that you have all ready picked up some good things.

WolfDog
16-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what "other locks" are there to unlock after using code 1 or code7??

inderinderinder
16-09-2003, 08:21 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what "other locks" are there to unlock after using code 1 or code7??

You won't need to, lock 1 will surfice and allow use of any supported network SIM. USA in general does not support the code 7, so that code will not work