PDA

View Full Version : New Forum structure is ready ! Enjoy !

Alinus
15-09-2003, 05:29 PM
We are proud to present you the new Nokia Free Forum Structure, thanks to the hard work of our Administrator Mr. Man0n and our SuperModerator Mr. NokDoc.

We created separate sections for present Nokia DCT 3 , DCT 4 and Symbian phones. Also some new sections were added into Other Phones and Lounge area.

Hardware section, Sales Section will be updated soon.

We also will update the Rules Sections, Download section soon.

A new Moderators Team will be built under the supervision of Mr. NokDoc.

So feel free to enjoy the new Nfree !!! We are sure you will find here usefull information and quality members.

We also ask you to respect our work and to help us keeping the forum clean and in good shape !

Best regards from NokiaFree Team !

cjard
05-01-2004, 02:34 PM
hmm.. too bad that vBulletin version 3 sucks... any chance of going back to how it was? this forum is very hard to read
(the topics list is "too spaced-out" as a result of having topic-starter name under the topic title
the threads themselves are hard to read because of the size of the user information panel - kinda like reading a page with many horizontal banner ads.. it flows less like a conversation in classical sense - if you think on the ways that plays(shakespeare) and things like mIRC are laid out, its always:

name> message

this forum is more like msn messenger, and i find that junk very hard to read too:

name says:
-

i doubt anything will be done about it, but i had to let you know that i think the old style was much more user friendly and readable.. some of the colours could do with re-working too.. visited links are bright blue, on a dark blue background, makes it look a bit... er.. amateur?

Alinus
05-01-2004, 08:07 PM
about the v 3....well....there are benefits also.
about the colours maybe u are right....

farsh2002
06-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Hi!

I want to thank You for this great work!
On my opinion forum looks very good in this colors.
Thanks again!

:smile:

cjard
08-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Hi!

I want to thank You for this great work!
On my opinion forum looks very good in this colors.
Thanks again!

:smile:

just wait till you are looking for a link in someone's post.. bright blue text on a not-quite bright blue background.. ugh. It takes a lot of work to get colours right.

lol, judging by your forum signature, i wouldnt be asking you much colour advice (no offence meant.. its a very loud signature :) ) :D

another thing i ahve noticed about the forum, it affects my IE in strange ways.. sometimes, entire posts appear to be blank.. but if i select the text in them, i can read it, and fter unselecting it it remains visible, until i scroll it off the page and back on. Now, my IE does some funny stuff, heck, my windows is a bit screwy, but so far its only vbulletin 3 that seems to do it. I was hoping that the forum would have a setting in the user CP that would let me change the colour scheme.. some other boards allow you to select a theme, but sadly, this does not.. i wonder if alinus will have time to revise the structure a little. maybe i should get on with my project of an adapter to turn web based bulletin boards into Usenet format (a usenet server that is based on web boards)... that would be wery nice :)

cjard
08-01-2004, 03:12 PM
about the v 3....well....there are benefits also.
about the colours maybe u are right....

im sort of getting used to the spaced out way of the board.. it was something of a shock for me to come back after a long time away (back when you had the old board) .. theres just a few issues i need to work out with my IE. I will have a look to see if the forum works on stylesheets for the colours, if it does it would be great, because i caould edit my own stylesheet and apply it.. maybe make it available for other forum users :)

Crux
12-01-2004, 02:36 AM
http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=54079

Speed123
12-10-2004, 12:02 AM
This site is wicked!!! Keep up the good work! :D
You should have a board, where ppl cod praise u for the work u have done.