PDA

View Full Version : *#INV# (Inverting Screen on the fly)



bobl
15-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Note: G3gg0 has already done this on the 8210, in Modz, but I want to point out from that start, I haven't even opened Modz in winarm, I coded this by myself. However, I will point out it was inspired by the Modz...

I took a different approach and used an input, I prefer this to using a menu, *#inv# = *#468#

Simply enough, simply turn on the phone, I have it inverted, type in *#468#, that's it, instantly inverts the screen to normal. Type it in again reverses it again.

Took a few hours to get my head round ARM, but for my first function (Actually I had to do two), I was very happy with it.

I'd really like to thank:

G3gg0 - For being an inspiration for this Mod, and someone who showed us all anything is possible.

NokDoc - For being the crazy person he is :)

Jeep - For reminding me that R0 and R1 are different registers..

Mik - For never being on ICQ, but he's there in spirit, I guess :)

And thanks for being a shoulder to cry on guys :)

Cheers all

Bob

Edit: You can get a demo here (http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42610).

Crux
15-09-2003, 09:26 PM
hi

how can you do that?

can i do it on a 6210?

and in a 3310?

can you post flash file so i can study it or send it to me by mail? [email protected]

a tuturial would be great

thanks mate

NokDoc
15-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Hi,

Nice one.

I know U made quite some study for this.

Looking forward to Ur demo...

NokDoc

sirpaul1
15-09-2003, 11:11 PM
@bobl

thats quite an inspiring idea you've come up with yourself, geezer

slikmik
15-09-2003, 11:33 PM
@bobl

thats quite an inspiring idea you've come up with yourself, geezer



^ Is that sarcasm? Just curious... : - \

Although the original idea wasnt Bob's the way he's gone about it is incredible - and on the fly inverter function (makes me go all tingly)

Keep up the great work Bob
Mike

NokDoc
15-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Mr. SirPaul1,

Make one Urself...

Then U know what I mean in my reply.

NokDoc

sirpaul1
16-09-2003, 12:30 AM
It's so easy just to use somebody else's patch to edit your flash file, (It's the only way i manage to get things to work 99% of the time). It'd never had occured to me to put a new code in like bobl has. This could be used with other functions.... Which has got me thinking what can i try now for example codes that restart phone with different startup animation?

Guys keep up the good work,

@nokdoc; slikmik
Know you mean well, but you've got me paranoid now.

Unique
16-09-2003, 01:17 AM
@bobl

Mate, it's people like you that keep this all alive.

Well done... =)

Keep up the good work.

John

jeep
16-09-2003, 07:47 PM
@bobl

Well done mate!
Here's to the 3410 version ;)


George

KyleTech
17-09-2003, 07:04 AM
@ bob

that was a nice idea, it makes dct3 phones live longer...
how about in 3310? can you create one?

cheers :lol:

bobl
17-09-2003, 08:27 PM
You can get a demo here (http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42610).

Bob

KyleTech
18-09-2003, 06:52 AM
ok thanks a lot mate!

sk3done
18-09-2003, 10:40 AM
well what can i say very impressive about time someone figured out how to do it