PDA

View Full Version : FBUS/DLR-2 Cable

kesenta
16-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by sektor1
Which cable is it, is the fbus cable or the dlr-2l cable.

They are two separate cables you know.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The cable i have i got from ebay, its called an FBUS/DLR-2 Cable and the seller said that its meant to allow netmonitor activation although he doesn't know how to for 9210i. Its not the same as the DLR-2L cable that i got with the phone. the DLR-2L one has 6 pinouts and the FBUS/DLR-2 one has 5 pinouts.

sektor_1
16-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Ok,

Close Nokia pcsuite.
In the taskbar at the bottom of the screen (next to the date on the right hand side) right click the nokia icon and select close.

connect the commy to the pc using this cable (is there a switch on cable to switch between the two modes?)

Load up logomanager
goto tools, options under the communications bit click on the change button, and change the settings to:-

connect type:- serial cable
cable type:- DAU-9P (MBUS)
com port:- change this to match whatever com port the cable is connected to.
click ok, then close

logomanager should now detect your fone. The phone picture on the left hand side of logomanager will not change, don't worry about that.

then goto tools network monitor and start activating options. After each option the fone may restart don't worry, it is normal

If logomanager does not pick up the fone change the cable setting to DAU-9P (FBUS) and see if that works

kesenta
16-09-2003, 05:45 PM
Ok,

Close Nokia pcsuite.
In the tasbar at the bottom of the screen (next to the date on the right hand side) right click the nokia icon and select close.

connect the commy to the pc using this cable (is there a switch on cable to switch between the two modes?)

Load up logomanager
goto tools, options under the communications bit click on the change button, and change the settings to:-

connect type:- serial cable
cable type:- DAU-9P (MBUS)
com port:- change this to match whatever com port the cable is connected to.
click ok, then close

logomanager should now detect your fone. The phone picture on the left hand side of logomanager will not change, don't worry about that.

then goto tools network monitor and start activating options. After each option the fone may restart don't worry, it is normal

If logomanager does not pick up the fone change the cable setting to DAU-9P (FBUS) and see if that works

thanx heaps, i'll give it a go and let u know how i go...

kesenta
17-09-2003, 05:13 AM
i tried it in logomanager, didn't work... :( did as u said... tried in btoh fbus and mbus mode.... still said no connected... i read somewhere that logomanager only supports mbus mode for 9210i... also, there's no switch on the cable to change between fbus and dlr-2 modes... is there any other program that will do the job? is so please email me the program and instructions... thanx a lot...

sektor_1
17-09-2003, 10:48 AM
try this little programme then. this programme uses the settings that logomanager uses. run this programm from the same folder as where u installed logomanager.

It it doesnt pick up the fone, load logomanager change the cable type, close logomanager fire this program up and c if it connects.

try it with both cable types.

i tried it in logomanager, didn't work... :( did as u said... tried in btoh fbus and mbus mode.... still said no connected... i read somewhere that logomanager only supports mbus mode for 9210i... also, there's no switch on the cable to change between fbus and dlr-2 modes... is there any other program that will do the job? is so please email me the program and instructions... thanx a lot...

kesenta
17-09-2003, 11:06 AM
try this little programme then. this programme uses the settings that logomanager uses. run this programm from the same folder as where u installed logomanager.

It it doesnt pick up the fone, load logomanager change the cable type, close logomanager fire this program up and c if it connects.

try it with both cable types.

no good, i tried it with both cable types and it still won't display in nkprofile

sektor_1
17-09-2003, 11:49 AM
wtf?!?!?!, u must have one dodgy cable mate.

Ok so it is set 2 com1
nokia pc suite is closed
logomanager is set to either mbus of fbus
and it STILL wont pick up the fone?!?!?!

is the cable switchable? I mean is there is there a switch u can set to mbus mode or fbus mode?

no good, i tried it with both cable types and it still won't display in nkprofile

kesenta
17-09-2003, 12:01 PM
wtf?!?!?!, u must have one dodgy cable mate.

Ok so it is set 2 com1
nokia pc suite is closed
logomanager is set to either mbus of fbus
and it STILL wont pick up the fone?!?!?!

is the cable switchable? I mean is there is there a switch u can set to mbus mode or fbus mode?

yeah, its set to com 1, pc suite closed and logomanager set to fbus.. the cable isn't mbus... the description of it when i got it off ebay says its an fbus/dlr-2 cable...

and there is no switch on the cable...

i've got wintesla, would that work? don't know how to use it... :(

sektor_1
17-09-2003, 12:07 PM
yup wintesla works, though I have never used it myself, sure someone else on the forum will help u out on that.

The thing is it cant be fbus/dlr-2l. It simply cant be, they are two seperate cable types. I think u have the standard dlr-2l cable mate. Reason I say is because u CAN use the standard dlr-2l cable as an fbus cable AFTER u have changed the port on the commy to fbus mode using netminitor, catch the irony here!!!

i think u've been sold a standard nokia dlr-2l cable mate and NOT a true m/f cable. Reason being that if a cable is fbus then it is also mbus aswell, its just the software that send different signals via cable depending on what protocol u use i.e. mbus or fbus. I have a f/m bus cable and I can switch between the two using logomanager.

Ok try this, try using this cable to connect to the Nokia pc suite if it connects then I think uve been had.

try it, let me know what happens.

yeah, its set to com 1, pc suite closed and logomanager set to fbus.. the cable isn't mbus... the description of it when i got it off ebay says its an fbus/dlr-2 cable...

and there is no switch on the cable...

i've got wintesla, would that work? don't know how to use it... :(

kesenta
17-09-2003, 12:23 PM
yup wintesla works, though I have never used it myself, sure someone else on the forum will help u out on that.

The thing is it cant be fbus/dlr-2l. It simply cant be, they are two seperate cable types. I think u have the standard dlr-2l cable mate. Reason I say is because u CAN use the standard dlr-2l cable as an fbus cable AFTER u have changed the port on the commy to fbus mode using netminitor, catch the irony here!!!

i think u've been sold a standard nokia dlr-2l cable mate and NOT a true m/f cable. Reason being that if a cable is fbus then it is also mbus aswell, its just the software that send different signals via cable depending on what protocol u use i.e. mbus or fbus. I have a f/m bus cable and I can switch between the two using logomanager.

Ok try this, try using this cable to connect to the Nokia pc suite if it connects then I think uve been had.

try it, let me know what happens.

yeah, pc suite works...

sektor_1
17-09-2003, 12:34 PM
crap, i was hoping that you would say no :-( looks to me that u have been sold the standard dlr-2l cable and not the m/fbus cable that u want. I will go home and check and see if I can connect to the data suite using my f/mbus cable.

But I'm pretty sure that I wont be able to connect.

Will let u know how it goes, but Im pretty sure you've been sold that wrong cable mate.

kesenta
17-09-2003, 12:53 PM
crap, i was hoping that you would say no :-( looks to me that u have been sold the standard dlr-2l cable and not the m/fbus cable that u want. I will go home and check and see if I can connect to the data suite using my f/mbus cable.

But I'm pretty sure that I wont be able to connect.

Will let u know how it goes, but Im pretty sure you've been sold that wrong cable mate.

well, i better chase it up then... actually, i found out that wintesla can do the job but needs to activate the fbus mode from wintesla software with an nokia activation code.. will find out more about it... pc-locals apparently does the job too but i don't have that :( logomanager only supports mbus mode for nokia 9210i apparently... i'll do a bit more research... the cable i bought is not meant to be mbus so i suppose the seller covered himself... at least i got it really cheap and didn't pay the standard mbus cable pricing...