PDA

View Full Version : 3310 & 3410

thecheekymonkey
16-09-2003, 05:21 PM
yep got both 3310 and 3410 phones with strange reset probs, ive reflashed and updated faid on both, yet they keep reseting them selves and then ask for the security codes, its weird the phone doesnt actually turn off, the screens go blank and the it just ask`s for the security code, if i enter it , they come back on straight away as if they were never turned off, cheers for any help

P.S. would like to hear chunkheads views on this if he`s about, cheers mate
P.P.S.
they are uk phones and this probs was here before i reflashed, also the 3310 got chucked against a wall, and the 3410 got dropped on the floor

sergo_zmeia
16-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Any network problems? And how about a test with Eeprom tools 4.0...
In what conditions the phones restarts?...
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

TokeiLampin
16-09-2003, 08:43 PM
hmmm sound like u not press button sfr in nokia tools program

thecheekymonkey
16-09-2003, 09:24 PM
ok , will try the soft fac reset thing, also cant get eeprom toolz to work under xp, i dont have the OCX com registered, i came across a little installer program once, that installed all these vb/ocx components for you, but cant seem to find it anywhere.

asgaardro
17-09-2003, 02:46 AM
ok , will try the soft fac reset thing, also cant get eeprom toolz to work under xp, i dont have the OCX com registered, i came across a little installer program once, that installed all these vb/ocx components for you, but cant seem to find it anywhere.
use eeprom tools to repair eeprom and all should be onright

http://www.exitus.yummieee.de/download.htm

TokeiLampin
17-09-2003, 11:10 PM
download this file and run it

ZNOD
18-09-2003, 03:27 AM
Using and downloading USERPORT alone won't be able to solve your problem. I recommend that you read this post:

http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39748&highlight=trouble+userport

This information will guide you on how to set windows XP inorder to run phone unlocking and flashing utilities under Windows XP/2000/NT:

Also, you have the *.ocx problem so do the following, I will provide you the files just be sure to follow these correctly:

(Running Visual Basic Packages Don't Guarantee the work of *.ocx files so you have to do it manually.)

1. Download all the OCX files attached below.
[ I can't upload files right NOW, tell me your e-mail and I will send you the file]

2. Extract the downloaded files to your desktop

3. After extracting all the files, copy it to "x:\Windows\System32"

x is where your windows directory is located

4. Click the start button. Open the Run Command.

5. Type the following one by one:

regsvr32 MSCOMM32.OCX
regsvr32 comct232.ocx
regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx
regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
regsvr32 COMCTL32.OCX
regsvr32 MSCOMCT2.OCX
regsvr32 COMCT332.OCX
regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCX

6. Restart your computer.

7. Start Userport (See the link I posted above to download USERPORT and a tutorial on how to use USERPORT, download the USERPORT from where tutorial is located because it contains the default settings.)

8. Run You Flasher/Unlocking Tool

9. Post Results!

* To Mr. Tokeilampin, The SFR [Set Factory] button is NOT the one that will fix phone restarting issues, it is the FAID/Update FAID button. Also before providing any programs, make sure you teach them how to use that program, not just upload and upload and upload and upload without even telling them how to use it because that is NOT a phone utility, it is a PORT utility, also, do NOT make any post repeatitions (This also includes your other posts on the forum) if you want increase you post statistics, better post things that are really helpful, NOT just by suggesting many things without even analyzing the situation/problem scenario.

fresh_LV
07-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Sometimes there is problems(ususally with modified flashes) if you update FAID with eeprom tools, knok, etc. Try using log reader and calculator.