PDA

View Full Version : 7110 Hardware Problem (Doesn't Switch On)

Nokia Fan
16-09-2003, 07:48 PM
To Anyone who could lend a helping hand:

My Aunt's son have a 7110 phone which recently defected, it doesn't switch on. (They and I don't know what exactly happened to the phone) so, when I got home, I examined the phone carefully:

1. I saw that the lower part of the phone is slightly damaged (maybe the phone was dropped or a heavy object was placed above the phone).

2. When I opened the phone, there was no sign that it was soaked in water or any other board damages because the parts were still intact and shows no sign that the phone was opened before. (I'm sure the board would still work because there was no bendings on the phone's board)

3. I checked the phone's battery and it is okay, I tested it on my phone, I also used a DC power output and there is still NO power.

The 7110 surely has a hardware problem. And Flashing the phone won't help for obvious reasons that the phone was either dropped or a certain pressure was applied into it.

Please carefully examine the situation carefully before giving any advices. If someone could also give a hardware troubleshooting tutorial, that could also help.

Advanced Thank Yous To You All.

TokeiLampin
16-09-2003, 09:00 PM
try use power supply and put the connector direct to battery pin + to + and - to - with the correct voltage

Nokia Fan
17-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Please Analyze The Problem Carefully Mr. Tokeilampin, If you really read and understood my problem, I mentioned there that the 7110 battery is working because I tested it in my 6150 phone and it is working, and of course, would be the same when using a direct DC power output, but anyway, thanks for trying to help.

Anyone? who have a hardware repair tutorial?

marky752000
18-09-2003, 12:58 PM
Check to see if there is volatge across the power switch, also check the Continuity when the switch is pressed.

Also try to flash the phone, when it asks you to power on the phone plug the charger in - if it will take a flash it will give us an idea of how dead the phone is

Best Regards

Mark

tom_ch66
20-09-2003, 04:06 AM
has the phone been docked with a computer?

Nokia Fan
20-09-2003, 03:30 PM
I'm Still Trying To See The Switch Issue.

To Tomch_66:

The phone was never docked on a computer

TokeiLampin
20-09-2003, 10:49 PM
yes i know the battery was ok but i means is u check with power supply to see that the phone amp goes up or not so u will know that phone power ic is ok or not if ok try flash

Chinn
12-10-2003, 10:08 PM
Hi, I have a similar problem. 7110 was working fine, definately not dropped between working and dead. When running on battery switching it on, the phone is dead, not a glimmer of anything, tried three different ones that all work OK in other phones. When connected to a charger the battery charge indicator comes on and the phone appears to charge OK. If I try and switch it on whilst charging then the is a response, the display "flashes" once - that is for a fraction of a second the whole display lights up and goes out - it really is very quick. I get no response from the phone any other way.
I'm not an engineer and don't have any special equipment. The phone was my daughter's but I have bought her a new one and was just about to put this one up for sale (it's unlocked and was in reasonable order) so I was hoping not to have to spend money on it before I sell it - if possible!!
It's worth nothing to me as it is, so any help would be greatfully received, as I'm a complete novice please be gentle with the jargon.

Thanks

chunkhead
13-10-2003, 04:14 PM
@ Chinn
Your phone will require a flash! Refer to the Forum FAQ for more info!

@ Nokia Fan
try my water damage method: http://nokiafree.org/forums/t31337/s.html