PDA

View Full Version : NokDoc and other enthusiasts

Sdriver^
25-07-2002, 07:27 AM
Hey NokDoc, I'm not exactly the most "advanced" Nokia programmer, but I understand the logistics of what is mostly talked about here.

I was thinking about something the other day which could be the next craze for updating your phone. Or, it could not work at all and that's dandy, we'll have to wait until Java becomes the main platform..

Anyway, out of all the Nokia MCU's, has anyone found the games chunk yet? And if so, has anyone compared sizes with other games, from other models? Why am I asking? Well I thought that if by chance, Pairs 2 was the same size as Snowboarding you may be able to swap the game over. (or if Snake was the same size as Snake II and etc etc)

Now see, I'm no programming engineer genius like some of the people who frequent this board are. I'm also not getting my hopes up for anything either, but I'd like to know what you guys think and if anyone knows the chunk sizes for each game..

Take care,
Kris

NokDoc
25-07-2002, 01:04 PM
Hi Mr. SDriver^,

I'm not a programmer too.
My knowledge is also mainly based on the info I read here at NokiaFree and in flash files.

>> could be the next craze for updating your phone.

Games to 'my' phone sounds like a waste of bytes to me. :)
The idea to see if it can be done is very great however!

There will be lots of such ideas coming up now people become aware of them, like I want to extend the lights-on timeout.
But it is not that simple like editing ppm stuff.

U and I will have to use WinArm for its real purpose, disassembling.
It is very hard to learn, but it is the only way I could think of.

Good Luck

NokDoc

welshwizard
29-07-2002, 07:19 PM
i only know that snowboarding is on the 8310. so trying to put it on a DCT-3 handset will not work because of different encryptions and suff.

Swapping games (or maybe creatin new ones) would definatly be a challenge and would be awesome if it were possible.