PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6100 Screen Saver problem (the time)

ramystyle
17-09-2003, 05:28 AM
Hello,

My friend got me the Nokia 6100 from Europe and the phone works perfectly fine except for one thing: When the screen saver appears (Which is a stripe line with the Time in it) I cannot see the time. The Contrast is too clear and I only see a stripe with no time or barely showing. I played with the options to change contrast but no change. It's only the screen saver that has this problem... Anyone knows how I can fix this ?

Thanks

Ramy

Thanh
17-09-2003, 10:40 AM
Hi there :)
This seems to be a common problem with series-40 phones... i have a 6610 with the same symptom, a very very faint clock on the screen saver.
As far as i know there is no way of "setting" that, but eventually an upgrade to a later firmware may solve it (i heared that the version 4.74 of 6610/7210 got a better visible clock.... anyone confirm?)

Kind regards...
Thanh

botros
20-09-2003, 01:06 AM
hi ramy ,
i have 5100 & it looks the same & i sow 6610 & 7210 , they look better but also fade screen saver .

any how i have a question for u .
how much standby time u get for your 6100 ???
cause 5100 have the same BL-c4 like 6100 7 i only get 2 days standby time & charge time of 1:20 hour ( also the phone get worm during charge )

so please tell me if u have the same in common ,, LOL .
u look from egypt ,,, right ?

Toink
22-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Hi there :)
This seems to be a common problem with series-40 phones... i have a 6610 with the same symptom, a very very faint clock on the screen saver.
As far as i know there is no way of "setting" that, but eventually an upgrade to a later firmware may solve it (i heared that the version 4.74 of 6610/7210 got a better visible clock.... anyone confirm?)

Kind regards...
Thanh

I can confirm that firmware v4.74 will correct this screen-saver digital clock problem. I just had my 6610 upgraded a couple of days ago for free (phone is only 2 weeks old and under warranty). Just make sure to back up ALL your files BEFORE you go for an upgrade. The process will erase ALL your data, phone numbers, downloads and everything u have saved since u bought ur phone...

Thanh
22-09-2003, 10:52 AM
hello again :)
Thanks for the hint.... but for myself it is no issue, since i still got that good old wristwatch on my right arm all the time :) I just wanted to know if it's truly solved in the newer versions :)
I've had so far almost no problems with that phone, apart from two mysterious shutdowns quite recently... there is a more annoying bug in my version (4.18) which is the backlights, once someone calls who is entered into a caller group with other than "default" ringtone, the backlights won't come on, leaving me in darkness about who's calling at night....... my phone got no warranty since i bought it second hand, and i don't want to waste $$ for the upgrade AND losing all my contents only to have those two bugs solved and therefor maybe get another bug :) I love this phone just as it is, and i am anyway planning to change from GSM to CDMA, i only wait for the local CDMA guys to launch some decent phones, such as the Nokia 6585 (6610 as CDMA) or 6225 (6220 as CDMA).
But again, thanks a lot!
Kind regards....
Thanh