PDA

View Full Version : 3330 fitting led mistake

Matab
18-09-2003, 02:52 AM
I was fitting led's into a 3330 but i didnt relize when i was doing it but when u remove the frame to get to the middle leds i knocked of a componet on the pcb, its a lil on on the far right(if sum 1 post's up a pic ill show u which one) but i was told it should still work with that missing!!
Basically the phones dosent switch on but when i plug the charger in it starts charging and the bard on the screen move like normal and the bottom 4 led's light up! but still dont turn on!
Any idea's any 1?
>If sum 1 can find a pic of the 3330 components ill show u which 1 fell off!

-Thanks

chunkhead
19-09-2003, 03:17 AM
Why don't you put the component back on? I have taken a few off in my early LED days, but I was able to solder them back on!

Matab
19-09-2003, 02:44 PM
Why don't you put the component back on? I have taken a few off in my early LED days, but I was able to solder them back on!
i cant, i took it off wile i was takeing the metal frame off and nocked that component off and it took the solder pad's off the pcb!!

slikmik
19-09-2003, 03:01 PM
i cant, i took it off wile i was takeing the metal frame off and nocked that component off and it took the solder pad's off the pcb!!

Yikes, unlucky i did the same on my 3330 - very easily done my friend!

Fortunately for me my phone still works 100% (obviously not an important component, or one thats not used on 900mhz maybe i dunno)

Neway good luck fixing it
theres a pictures around of the pcb layouts on the forums :)

Mike

sergo_zmeia
19-09-2003, 05:17 PM
check the google for a service manual....I hope Yoou can put back this element with soldering wires ...
Good luck!
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia