PDA

View Full Version : strange 8210 fault! please help

wai3000
18-09-2003, 12:32 PM
i have an 8210 and the signal drops when the battery is low (on the last bar) i don't know what is wrong with the phone
anyone else had this problem? a reflash or change of ariel?
any suggestions?

sergo_zmeia
18-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Does it happens when You plug the charger in.....if not try a new battery....
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

wai3000
18-09-2003, 01:21 PM
yeah good idea i will try a new battery - but you sure it won't be an internal hardware fault? the battery can last 2 or 3 days

and no it does not only appear when i charge the phone up, when i have it on standby usually

sergo_zmeia
18-09-2003, 02:17 PM
What I mean is when the battery get low /one bar as You said/ and You put the charger in the problem persist or no?...If no I guess its battery broblem /low capacity/..but check with other one to be sure ...
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

kraze1984
19-09-2003, 11:51 AM
It could also be a charging controller (located in the fone) failure :(

wai3000
08-10-2003, 08:48 PM
ok been using the phone for a bit now, when i do charge the phone it has fullsignal but when i don't it has no signal, now it happens on one or two bar

any suggestions?

sergo_zmeia
09-10-2003, 10:53 AM
First run a test with Eepromm tools 3.1 oor 4.0 /I personaly prefer 4.0/
It will give You a point to start....If the test is good You have a hardware problem with the RF part..
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

fixmup
12-10-2003, 04:42 PM
ok been using the phone for a bit now, when i do charge the phone it has fullsignal but when i don't it has no signal, now it happens on one or two bar

any suggestions?
Try bridging L751 or L752 as the inductor may have collapsed and cannot get enough current to the p.a. when the battery is low.If not ,reflow top end of hanset as a capacitor may be failing or the p.a. or diplexor may be experiencing dry joint probs and losing current or building up too much resistance 8-)

bleck
15-10-2003, 03:46 AM
First run a test with Eepromm tools 3.1 oor 4.0 /I personaly prefer 4.0/
It will give You a point to start....If the test is good You have a hardware problem with the RF part..
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

When i make a test there is some lines with "passed" and other one with "not executed"
"Not executed" signify that there is a problem?

sergo_zmeia
28-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Mr. way3000 do You find a solution for this drop signal problem also tell me please does the phone switch of when You making a call on one bar of the battery..
Mr. bleck there must be 5 positions " not executed"...then the test is good...
Thanks and regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

bleck
28-10-2003, 10:17 PM
Mr. way3000 do You find a solution for this drop signal problem also tell me please does the phone switch of when You making a call on one bar of the battery..
Thanks and regards!
Sergo_Zmeia
Thank you very much Sergo, only a detail: are the 5 positions only the same?

sergo_zmeia
29-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Mr. bleck if the software is good the positions are always the same..
REgards!
Sergo_Zmeia

johnny_liang
29-10-2003, 07:26 PM
I have same problem too long time ago and finally i can solve it by changing ccont (power supply) ic you may try this good luck

bleck
29-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Hi Sergo
I suppose that if i have 6 position there is a problem. But i dont know what. Can you say me wath are the 5 same position.
Thanks, regards

sergo_zmeia
04-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Mr. bleck Idont remember the positions ...and I have a problem running
Eeprom tools 4.0...the solytion is a new flash ...but ask chunkhead for more info..couse I cant help You right now..
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

wai3000
06-11-2003, 02:26 AM
Thanks and regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

sorry for the late reply! anyway no i didn't find a solution to fixing this error and i sold the phone on, i tryed changing batterys and differnet flashes
i was guessing it was an hardware fault but did not try to change anyhting as i am not very good with the 8210 hardware

sergo_zmeia
10-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Strange thing....I found out that this problem exist in 33xx series too..
I tried new flash, change PA but no result...ok...the PA gets power directly from the battery...so when the phone switches of I guess that the battery voltage drops under 3.5V ...May be the soluthion realy is changing CCONT but I cant explain this to my self?!....for me the problem stays in RF part....Any coments of this...
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia