PDA

View Full Version : where are the threads going????

leespud
18-09-2003, 10:20 PM
i have been a strong user of the serch function to look for old post ive read which i know i need to look up again but recently i havent been able to find a thread i know exists, but today searching for three of my own threads i fail to find them!!!!!!!???? :-? :-? :-? what is going on??
have these been deleted?? if so why?? im really confused

ALMOGAVER
18-09-2003, 10:52 PM
I didn't want to say anything because I thought I was the only one BUT, it also is happening to me... Carry out a search with (ir), my user name, and not all my posts appear. But instead, if I go to were I know they are.... THERE THEY ARE...!? :-?

Alinus
18-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Moved to "report server problems" section.

I don't want to offend no one....but there is more than Symbian forum here. So please post your problems in the appropriate Sections.

We had announced this problem to our Administrator, i hope it will be solved soon.

leespud
18-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Moved to "report server problems" section.

I don't want to offend no one....but there is more than Symbian forum here. So please post your problems in the appropriate Sections.

We had announced this problem to our Administrator, i hope it will be solved soon.

where did this section come from??? im sorry bout that but with this forum being updated on a daily basis its hard to keep a track!!!im still used to the old forum, i came back off holiday and big changes had been made!!!

Alinus
18-09-2003, 11:13 PM
this section was here in the old structure also...for people who have eyes to see it.

GeeZuZz
19-09-2003, 07:12 PM
When searching, also make sure you search the right categories. After the reorganization, many of the old posts are moved to an "Archive" category. I don't think that category is searched in by default (Default, "Search all Open" is selected, and the archives are "Closed" - so i think they are excluded).

Try select the "Nokia FREE Archive" category.

leespud
19-09-2003, 07:15 PM
When searching, also make sure you search the right categories. After the reorganization, many of the old posts are moved to an "Archive" category. I don't think that category is searched in by default (Default, "Search all Open" is selected, and the archives are "Closed" - so i think they are excluded).

Try select the "Nokia FREE Archive" category.

1. you dont have a symbian archive section,

2. im talking about posts one or two days old

3. clicking my e-mail notification link takes me to an unfound post page

leespud
19-09-2003, 07:32 PM
1. you dont have a symbian archive section,

2. im talking about posts one or two days old

3. clicking my e-mail notification link takes me to an unfound post page

i found the symbian archive!! can i suggest you adding a link in the archive section at the home page, the only link to it i can find is in the symbian section where you chage the pages,

but i still have no clue about the 2 and 3

leespud
19-09-2003, 07:36 PM
i found the symbian archive!! can i suggest you adding a link in the archive section at the home page, the only link to it i can find is in the symbian section where you chage the pages,

but i still have no clue about the 2 and 3

but the archive link is broken it takes you to the modding upgrading section of the forum

Alinus
19-09-2003, 07:36 PM
this may occur if one of our moderators decided to delete that specific thread.

usualy it happends when the threads are posted in wrong forums or in double posts.

again i say:

we have more than Symbian forum...more: we have more than General Symbian Forum...

So if threads are about games, applications or other that have specific sections created they are deleted.

this notification is not for mr. leespud only. but for all Symbian forum users. Also the Announcement in Symbian section had beed updated with new tips.

Go read them !

leespud
19-09-2003, 07:43 PM
one of the main posts im worried about was in the general section and it was about connectivity with my 3650, so i dont see how it goes in any other section in the forum