PDA

View Full Version : why dont some midi's sound right?

bluemooner
19-09-2003, 01:10 AM
hiya guys.
ive downloaded some polyphonic ringtones for my nokia 7250i and when i play them back through media player they sound ok.
but when i upload them to my phone and then play them back they sound different i.e. they sound out of tune/slow.

anyone got any idea's?

cheers

bluemooner

tom_ch66
19-09-2003, 07:49 PM
yes they sound diffrent i got a 7250i also and they doing sound right unless you set up the computer to send all the instruments note that the green will be sent the black and the red wont be sent to the phone

bluemooner
20-09-2003, 01:24 PM
yes they sound diffrent i got a 7250i also and they doing sound right unless you set up the computer to send all the instruments note that the green will be sent the black and the red wont be sent to the phone
UH?
can you explain a little more please matey? like how to set this up on the computer to send the tones so they sound like they do on the computer.

cheers

bluemooner

gee2020
23-09-2003, 11:37 PM
UH?
can you explain a little more please matey? like how to set this up on the computer to send the tones so they sound like they do on the computer.

cheers

bluemooner

Your phone supports SP-Midi files, Scalable Polyphonic which basically means you can only choose 4 instruments that will fit on to your phone and be played at once..... Eg if you open a Midi file in PC suite sound convertor that has say 10 instruments, you can only transfer 4 of them and move them to your phone, thats all your phone can play at one time.

Open a midi. Choose the ones which are the main tune of the song (4 instruments). Secondly make them fit by changing the poly value (moving them up and down and there values, till the four instruments you want to transfer are green). Click next and update to phone. By the way, you can preveiw each instrument, which helps you decide the ones you want and dont want, and make your tone sound better and advanced mode lets you change the value of the instrument (clicking the number) so you can change it to green and fit it on your phone.

Hope this helps

Cheers Gee

bluemooner
24-09-2003, 03:22 PM
thats a great help.
thanks for the info and i will give it a go.

cheers

bluemooner

7250i_user
24-09-2003, 06:52 PM
yes tnx gee

i have asked u this in another part of forum :)

tnx buddy, i get a lot more to work now :P