PDA

View Full Version : animated background

ycrazyy
19-09-2003, 07:50 AM
I was just wondering if it is possible to have an animated background on a 6800? I read it was possible on the 60 series phones, but just hoping I can do it too... thanks for the help!

RMskater
20-09-2003, 11:30 PM
The Nokia 6800 can indeed have animated wallpaper. However, there is a catch. If you put an animated wallpaper as your wallpaper, then it will only show the first frame. It won't be moving on the stand-by screen. Not sure why. You have to actually open the graphics through the "Gallery" mode in order to see the animation.

Ethan Sobin

westy
21-09-2003, 03:31 PM
The Nokia 6800 can indeed have animated wallpaper... It won't be moving...

So it cant have an Animated WALLPAPER, you can only have animated in hte gallery which sucks really bad

Thanh
22-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Hi there :)
The 6800, and therefor also the 6610, 7210 and 7250 can neither have animated wallpapers nor animated screensavers apart from the clock. The reason is mainly battery saving.
Colour LCD's are battery hogs, and that is why there is such a simple screen saver option available, and also for the same reason no animated wallpapers are available. It would drain the battery enormously!
The new 3100 and, as far as i know, also the 3300 have the option for animated screen savers...... but i haven't seen it "life" yet, only read about it.

Kind regards....
Thanh