PDA

View Full Version : 2100 Not calling out

ggho5t_200sx
19-09-2003, 11:06 AM
My mate just asked me to have a look at his 2100 cause whenever any simcard is put in and you try to call someone it wont call and it says "you are unable to make calls, please contact your service". I got rid of the locks, he couldn't remember his security code so he could reset to factory settings and no program I have supports reseting to factory settings and no program could read the correct security code. But it still does it, does anyone know what it could be?
Only other thing I could think of is maybe its got something to do with the IMEI number? but i didnt want to try changing it quite yet.
Or could this be a problem that only a service provider can fix?

danwood76
19-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Nokia Tool by rollis is able to reset factory settings and there are loads of programmes that will read the security code even logomanager!

Do you have an M/Fbus cable?

also when you try to make a call does it try to dial (come up with calling on the screen) or does it just come up with the message?

If the phone makes three beeps like you have no signal when you try to call even when you have a signal try to change the IMEI, bearing in mind that this is probably illegal in your country!

TokeiLampin
20-09-2003, 10:51 PM
try touch up your p.a and atenna switch with solder iron

bboy_tekstep
30-01-2004, 03:55 PM
I have this exact same problem with my 2100. The phone says "NOTE : Call Barrings" when trying to dial. I have come across this problem before, but the barring applied to the SIM card and not the fone. Does this mean that the IMEI has been blocked? So it needs to be changed? Please help us out anybody!

TokeiLampin
15-02-2004, 09:57 PM
check the version if the version is 5.41just change it to new on 5.49 or 5.56