PDA

View Full Version : *TIPS* Remove Operator Logo

tehsusu
19-09-2003, 07:11 PM
Guys, anyone of you able to do this perfectly? Share your knowledge in this thread please. Thanks..

Gozzyut
19-09-2003, 09:21 PM
Guys, anyone of you able to do this perfectly? Share your knowledge in this thread please. Thanks..

This is what I did, use the attachment (image) and use mobimb and upload it to your phone, then right click on the file within mobimb and the select "Use As" then "Set as operator Logo"

Ciao

zoti
20-09-2003, 12:30 AM
This doesn't work. AT&T logo comes and goes on my 6800.

timmy62
26-09-2003, 03:36 AM
This doesn't work. AT&T logo comes and goes on my 6800.

See

http://www.nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=43308&goto=newpost

Hope it works for you aswell, I've never tried with a 6800 but the principle should be the same.
timmy62,

tehsusu
02-10-2003, 11:44 AM
See

http://www.nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=43308&goto=newpost

Hope it works for you aswell, I've never tried with a 6800 but the principle should be the same.
timmy62,

I works well for me too... I'm using a N6610. But there is a white dot where the operator logo should be... seems like a dead pixel.... will be trying to do my own operator logo del pic one of these days... keep you guys updated.

haha298
25-10-2003, 06:47 PM

Try this:

http://hk.geocities.com/haha298/nokia_op_logo.htm

tehsusu
28-10-2003, 06:28 AM
But has anyone of you successfully changed the caller group icon?

Anyway, the removal the of the operator is actually a white colored 1x1pixel.

Thanh
28-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Hello :)

I can say this for sure... caller group logos can NOT be changed on any 6100, 6610, 7210 and 7250. Don't know about other series-40 phones tough, but most likely same.

If a transparent GIF in size 100x50 is used for a operator logo, there should not be a white pixel anymore. If there is, try with a resized logo (again, transparent) such as 100x30 or so, the phone should "stretch" it to correct size.

Kind regards....
your Thanh

tehsusu
01-11-2003, 02:03 PM

I can say this for sure... caller group logos can NOT be changed on any 6100, 6610, 7210 and 7250. Don't know about other series-40 phones tough, but most likely same.

If a transparent GIF in size 100x50 is used for a operator logo, there should not be a white pixel anymore. If there is, try with a resized logo (again, transparent) such as 100x30 or so, the phone should "stretch" it to correct size.

Kind regards....
your Thanh

But i am having a dot... should i create a blank 100x30 pic with transparent with photoshop? 6610 supports .gif?

Fulmens
09-11-2003, 01:26 AM
But i am having a dot... should i create a blank 100x30 pic with transparent with photoshop? 6610 supports .gif?

hey, i was given this trick by someone here to get rid of the operator logo, but you do have to upload a transparent logo to your phone. i dont know if the 6610 supports .gif, but the only way to know is to actually try it. so make a transparent logo and put it in your phone, or else you can download it though wap with this address (which is easier):

http://7210.dvd-ru.com/blank.nokia-op-logo

when you get the message to save it, save it, and turn the operator logo on by going to settings, display settings, operator logo, on.

here comes the trick:

dial this in your phone: *3370#, then press OK. what this does is to increase the sound on your earpiece. the phone will make a quick reset, and when it comes back to the main screen, your service provider will not be there. if it doesnt work, do #3370#. press OK. this turns off that increase in sound. if the SP is still there, then do *3370# again. repeat until it works.

the first time i had to do i like 4 times, so dont get discouraged if it doesnt work the first couple of times.

let me kow if it works!

azurefog
01-12-2003, 10:17 PM
dial this in your phone: *3370#, then press OK. what this does is to increase the sound on your earpiece. the phone will make a quick reset, and when it comes back to the main screen, your service provider will not be there. if it doesnt work, do #3370#. press OK. this turns off that increase in sound. if the SP is still there, then do *3370# again. repeat until it works.

the first time i had to do i like 4 times, so dont get discouraged if it doesnt work the first couple of times.

let me kow if it works!

This works for me.... I powered off my 6800 to recharge (new battery) and when it came back up the AT&T was on the screen. My oplogo was turned on (which is a transparent .gif) but the AT&T was there. I changed the audio codec with the instructions and it re-displayed the transparent .gif...

surge
03-12-2003, 06:26 AM
this works on 7210 6800 etc....

just goto the url with your phone
the address is www.encodinginfo.org.uk/nokia/blank.nol

no need to upload with other software or faf around changing speech codecs etc.. when you got the address you will get a messagge sayign opperator logo recieved click view and then save it,
and you will have a blank space where the op logo used to be :D
enjoy

Fulmens
03-12-2003, 10:00 AM
no need to upload with other software or faf around changing speech codecs etc.. when you got the address you will get a messagge sayign opperator logo recieved click view and then save it,
and you will have a blank space where the op logo used to be :D
enjoy

the thing is that there are some software versions on 6610 and 7210 and etc that, even if you have downloaded a transparent logo, will not make the op logo disappear. you must then change the speech codec as we have advised.

Thanh
03-12-2003, 10:36 AM

You may have heard of this before, but i just post it again here :)

The *3370# thing changes only the speech codec to "Enhanced Full Mode", which consumes more battery power when talking (thus making the talktime shorter) and therefor forces the phone to do a soft-reset, i.e. resetting without asking the PIN code.

Some SIM cards, specially T-Mobile U.S.A., have a operator "logo" saved in them, and when cold booting a phone (turning it on) it checks for the presence of such a "logo". If there is one in the SIM, it will be used, regardless what settings the user made previously in the menus.

After a blank logo has been downloaded, by either WAP or Oxygen or however, it is saved in the phone's gallery in a space reserved for "Operator logo". That is why you won't see it showing up in the gallery!

Now, if the phone is forced to reset, it will not do the "SIM check" and therefor also not ask for the PIN. It then uses the logo which is stored in that gallery place, and if it does not find any there, it will use what is pre-set in it's software.

The priority of logo-locations is as follows: SIM, Gallery, Firmware.

If you use a T-Mobile SIM, it is able to override your own logo settings with the reason being T-Mobile having taken over other networks and wanting to make sure that your phone displays "T-Mobile" instead of the older name of that network, which eventually is stored in the phone's firmware. T-Mobile doesn't care much about users own preferences!

I have the very same situation on a old Nokia 5130 with a Orange-SIM in it. The word "Orange" is always displayed, regardless what logo i set, and no trick whatsoever helps on that old phone.

Oh, and by the way... the 6610 DOES support .gif files, both still and animated :)

Kind regards.....
your Thanh