PDA

View Full Version : 3595 unlock plz!

dreadedwarrior2
19-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Hey there,
I have a data cable.
Im having a big problem where my phone from time-to-time says
"Insert Sim card"
I bought the phone off ebay apparantly Unlocked...
It worked ok on the network im running it on (rogers)
Also my phone freezes from time to time...
Im getting very upset and angry, i think i just need to re-unlock it.
If someone could help me with a code that would be awesome.
Thanx.

IMEI:010185004026917
network:rogers
canada

Yotamz
19-09-2003, 09:57 PM
sounds like a hardware problem, maybe the sim contacts are bad.

i don't know exactly what the problem is, but "re-unlocking" it can't help.

browntoa
19-09-2003, 09:57 PM
I think it's more serious than that, sounds like you need to either "flash " the phone yourself with the latest software for your phone (unless it is under a year old in which case a nokia service centre will do it for free) or get someone else to do it.

have a look under the forum headed dct4 flashing to see what's involved and ask if anyone knows where you can get it done

dreadedwarrior2
19-09-2003, 09:59 PM
I think it's more serious than that, sounds like you need to either "flash " the phone yourself with the latest software for your phone (unless it is under a year old in which case a nokia service centre will do it for free) or get someone else to do it.

have a look under the forum headed dct4 flashing to see what's involved and ask if anyone knows where you can get it done

The issues just started to arise as i started to put stuff on my phone with a data cable, i removed all of the items though, and I cant seem to fix the problem, if I flash the phone, will it still work on the rogers network just by placing the sim card back in? Or would i need to bring it back to rogers?

dreadedwarrior2
19-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Also i think it was unlocked in the US, would that make a difference?
Sorry, i know im a newb.

Thanx experts.
Ryan

Yotamz
19-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Also i think it was unlocked in the US, would that make a difference?
Sorry, i know im a newb.

Thanx experts.
Ryan

no. it doesn't matter where it was unlocked, as long as it is really unlocked. but if it worked with a network, and now with another - it is.

dreadedwarrior2
19-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Id really like to unlock my phone. apparently it might have been unlocked incorrectly. If you could get me a unlock code, it would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Thanx again.
Especially for the speedy replies.
ryan

browntoa
20-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Id really like to unlock my phone. apparently it might have been unlocked incorrectly. If you could get me a unlock code, it would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Thanx again.
ryan

see mine and Yotamz previous replies..the phone is ulocked and it is a problem with the phone itself..no further codes can do anything

smurfgun
10-01-2004, 10:37 PM

Thanx again.
ryan

Did you solve the problem of freezing and "insert sim card"

Thanks,