PDA

View Full Version : A New NowMMS!?

Blue
20-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Just finshed setting up a MMS gateway and now it all works, I have a question.

It would be nice to have a free service like NowMMS again, but they obviously gave up due to the cost.

The cost is from the 2 specially formatted SMS messages that the gateway has to send out to the recipients phone to instruct it to pick up the media message from the gateway.

I have set it up using clickatell at the moment and it works great, but obviously I would need to generate a way to pay for the 2 SMS messages per MMS sent. Either that or I need to find a suitable gateway that is free!!

Any ideas?

Anyone interested if I can get it running?

Blue

Blue
24-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Quite suprised how little interest in a new service, thought loads of people would be morning the loss of NowMMS.

Trying to sort out a way of making it completely free as else I will have to charge a token fee to cover the SMSC costs.

On another forum, someone said I could use WAP Push messages for free, but I didn't think this was the case.

Can someone who knows have a look here (http://www.e-tones.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34613) and let me know if this is right.

TIA

Blue

Blue
24-09-2003, 08:22 PM
I have launched the service as follows:-

I cant afford to make it free as NowMMS did for a short time until the costs made them have to close down. I will be able to provide the service for 12p (0.18 Euros) a message, which is considerably cheaper than the 40p the networks charge (and for anyone in some countries that dont have MMSC's).

Payment is best made via paypal, please contact me first before sending payment so I can set your accounts up first.

I cannot guarantee 100% uptime or delivery out of the UK, but the networks dont either (infact half the time they dont guarantee it will cross networks).

For further information please contact me by e-Mail.

If you are sceptical about the service, think of it this way, pay £1.20 via paypal and get 10 MMS messages, and if it doesnt work for you, let me know and I'll shut your account and you would have only lost £1.20. However if it does work for you enjoy saving money.

Blue