PDA

View Full Version : Nokias 3330 & 3310 flashed = no network :-(



Andy_1967
22-09-2003, 01:08 AM
Hi Folks,
Well I've read (almost) all the archived & current forum(s) and haven't found an answer (that works) to my question.......
I have a Nokia 3330 (that 'did' work) and my wife has a 3310 (that also 'did' work). In my wisdom I decided to unlock them....
Now, although they will both accept SIM cards from all the UK networks, they will not make or receive calls.
I flashed them with KNOK and updated FAID, SP with NokiaTool, and applied SFR, no luck!
I even tried swapping IMEIs between them and back again (don't ask why!!! - it seemed like a good idea at the time!)

Have I missed something?
Any replies will be appreciated
Andy
:sad:

chunkhead
22-09-2003, 06:43 AM
Why did you flash them? Please take a look at my Knok95 Unlock guide found here: http://nokiafree.org/forums/t31337/s.html

Try this first, if still no luck, get a FUBU from here: www.handy-flashpage.tk and flash to phones, then use the above guide again! This will surely fix your problems!

Andy_1967
22-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the reply, the reason for flashing them was that I'd tried unlocking via the MBUS lead and that didn't appear to work!
That was before I'd come across KNOK (and this forum!!!)
I had also read on another forum that it was necessary to flash the likes of 3310 & 3330's in order to unlock them.

Anyway....I've downloaded the backups from the site you mentioned (thankyou!) and will try again....... fingers etc crossed........


Andy

Andy_1967
23-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Hmm....
I've followed the guide, reflashed with the backups from the site, still no luck!
I get a signal for abour 10-15 seconds before it disappears. Sometimes I get a constant signal but the network will not allow me access (sometimes I get chance to make one call but that's all). The imei(s) are genuine, originals to the phones and not lost/reported stolen!
Any more ideas (bearing in mind that they did work before I decided to 'play'! Hopefully ruling out h/w faults)
Andy

bobl
23-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Okay, let's start with a 3310.

1) Flash a 6.07 MCU + PMM (Probably lang pack B)
2) Flash a Virgin Eeprom (Make sure you get the correct address!)
3) Set FAID, IMEI, SP Locks, SFR, 3310 Ad menu.

If you do the above correctly and it doesn't work, you've got a real problem...Although I'd point out it's very very difficult to render a phone completely useless while flashing, since you can always just flash back over the top.

I don't know the address of the Virgin Eeprom either, but I guess you'd better search the forum for that.

Good luck, tell us how it goes :)

Bob

sergo_zmeia
23-09-2003, 11:41 AM
The addresses of the virgin eeprom:
3310:0x3D0000
3330:0x550000
Dont forget to set the original IMEI after flashing virgin eeproms...do as chunkhead and bobl said and I hope Youll be happy...
BTW how You got this problem....I thimk we need to know that to give You proper advices...
Good luck!
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

Andy_1967
23-09-2003, 04:19 PM
bob & sergo_zmeia,
Thanks for the replies, I'll have another try when I get back from work

Andy

Crux
23-09-2003, 09:59 PM
just run nokiatool by rolis and apply "FAID"

will work, probably

Andy_1967
29-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Well Guys,
Thanks for the replies but it's not looking good!
I've followed the instructions word by word and unfortunately both Nokias are still not allowing calls!
Ah well..... back to the trusty old 3210 (unflashed!!!!! & still working)


Andy

Andy_1967
06-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi again Guys,
As per last post, still no luck :-?
I've just borrowed a mate's 3310, done a full backup with Knock95 (read full flash & store as etc.......)
I tried uploading that to my 3310. Everything seemed to be okay, exev down to identical startup logos etc...
But (yeah! you've guessed it) still no network access!
I then ran Knock 2K3 and 'read' the phone. It told me that the MCU was dead.
Is this :
a) certainly a hardware fault
or
b) a flashing error - what should the LPT extended mode settings be? Does this make a difference? Mine is currently EPP enabled.

I really love a challenge! :rolleyes:

Crux
06-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Run nokia DCT3 Flasher by Rolis v4.77 (for this example)
Guess u already know how to flash file to phone, it has to go till the end of flashing. In u see no errors proceed to next step

Run nokiatool v1.8 by Rolis (for this example)

Click on the menu "Read > Phone Info"
Click on checkbox in right of "Change Imei"
Click on "Change Imei"
Click on "Clear SP Locks"
Click on "Open All"
Click on checbox in right of "Update Faid" button
Click on "Update faid"
Click on "Update faid" again
It should be ok now




There is a better way to update faid, just run g3n0lite v2 bu g3gg0 and open your flash file
click on "Kill MCU check"
click on "Kill Flashcheck/FAID"
click on "Fix all checks"
Save your flash
flash it to your phone.
it should be ok now, if not just run all option i said before about nokia tool 1.8



if it's still with no network, put it on the garbage. LOL

natnat
07-10-2003, 03:48 AM
try noktool

very easy to use.

just click on "closed" buttons and it will change to "open" thats it! then you have to update FAID.